Fatigue in my legs

I’m not sure if this is entirely normal and if others have experienced it but for the last 6 months at least my fatigue seems to be getting worse and worse particularly in my legs where they feel tired as soon as I get to work and they ache constantly throughout the day.

I’m just a few days away from my 2nd SAH anniversary and I’m concerned thats not getting any better. I work 12 shifts and I worry that this is to blame for it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi Joe,

I think that it would be worthwhile for you to make an appointment with your GP and get checked out.

We often put a lot of our symptoms post SAH down to the bleed and sometimes they're aren't. 

I used to blame the SAH for everything and would just plod along and struggle. 

However, I've now got a good GP who gives me blood tests each year to make sure that I'm not deficient in any vitamins/minerals etc. At one point I was seriously low in calcium and vit D and at the point of nearly having to be put onto a drip and hospitalised. I was also low in folic acid/B12. All of these factors contributed to excess fatigue/restless legs/muscles twitches etc. 

Joe, please make an appointment and ask your GP to rule out any other underlying cause. It could be something that's easily fixed ... don't do what I did and keep struggling ... It will also give you peace of mind.

Good luck and wishing you well. x

Agrees with Karen, Joe,

Put your mind at ease and less stress if you see Doc and he can sort you out.

Don't delay off you go  and hope it will be okay but at least it is one less thing to worry about

Good luck and let us know how you get on xxxxx 

I’ve been having the problem since middle of last year and was actually off sick with that and bad dizziness at the end of August. I spoke to the doctor at that point and he wasn’t exactly sure what could be causing it.

I had blood tests done and found I was slightly low on vitamin D so I’ve been taking tablets for that though they have had no improvement to how I feel. I’ve got an appointment with an OT tomorrow to hopefully get some suggestions. 

Joe

i take extra vitamins especially during winter to help me balance my energy but always do check in consultation with your doctor/ Neuro Team, but vitamin D is one of the key ones for me for sure.

Also possibly look at what you are eating too, make sure plenty of oily fish , greens and nuts etc to help energy , oh and bananas are good too ...

I suggest keeping a diary of what you do, eat and try to make sure you add little breaks after everything you do that requires cognitive energy..little pauses I call them 

Hope OT helps

Daff 

Having had my OT appointment, I’m being referred to physio as well as back to the psychologist to help with my moods. Also been advised to go back to my GP for advice and been asked to do a fatigue diary for 2 weeks. 

Thankyou all for the advice, hopefully someone can find out why I’m struggling so much.

Archived