Still Waiting

Hi All

Just an update on my recoiling. A month ago we were told I was one of five waiting now I'm told I'm one of fifteen. Apparently the neuro radiologist is conferring with the main man whoever he is as they have to get the theatre ready to do the coiling and they have to do the urgent cases first. I really can't see how they can estimate the urgent cases as we all know aneurysms strike without warning. It is now just over six months since I was told I needed to be recoiled and that it was dangerous to leave. I was also told not to exert myself, not to bend, not to carry anything heavy etc., then my wife rung some time after and was told I should live my life as normal!!! Obviously they know what they are doing but theres an obvious lack of consideration to the patient. I really feel sorry for the secretary as she has to do all the explaining but is also very sympathetic. Watch this space!!!

Cheers

John :roll:

Hi John :roll: I do feel for you....must be awful waiting....i really hope they get their act together for you soon, so you can be recoiled and get on with your life without worrying.

Take care

Love Tina xx

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting, it must be nerve racking.

My coils have compacted slightly, so I will have to have more scans and if they compact anymore I will have to be recoiled. it has sent me into a bit of a decline :) when I first had the SAH I didn't really know what was going on, now I do and am scared!!

Hope this is resolved for you soon

Vivien x

John, I really do feel for you, it must be so scary and demoralising to have to wait with no immediate hope of being told when you will get your recoil :( My thoughts are with you, I trust that you will hear soon and that in the mean time they will make up their mighty minds :o

Vivien, it must be awful to know what can happen. Just hang on in there knowing that the powers that be truly will act fast if you are more at risk than you should be. It's easy for me to say ( I don't need a recoil, I don;'t think!) but try not to be scared come on here and shout about it!!

Hi All

My wife Babs rang again today and told the same thing that the neuroradiologist is in consultation with his managers to get a room ready for fifteen that need recoiling. Its becoming a bit of a farce now and I have in fact gone to my GP who is also amazed and is arranging for me to have a full neurological examination so once again I say "Watch this Space"

Cheers

John

Hi John

How awful for you its nerve racking enough awaiting recoiling, i know i was the same, it made me very nervous which also adds to the pains and fatigue etc.

I had my SAH nov 07 then angio in march then recoiled in sept 08, mine was delayed due to staffing and then their holidays.

I think you did the right thing going to your GP John i seem to have got more answers that way, there are still some she cannot answer but she has got things moving reguarding my last MRI and splint for my leg.

It shouldnt really be up to us should it but what else can we do?!

Good luck John hoping you get some answers soon, sending love and hugs.

Michellexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx