can anyone help me please

Guest debbie

Guest debbie

morning every one ,hope your all ok today i was just wondering if anyone could help, for those that dont know me my name is debbie and i had a coiling nov 08 and have just come out of hospital after having two clippings but i forgot to ask the recovery time and healling i have posted karen who has been very helpful but if anyone else could show some light on the subject i would be very gratefull thanks again for any coments debs xxxx coiled nov08 2 clipping 23 june and why cant i come to terms with what has happened to me why do i feel guilty when i should be doing house work cooking e.t.c when i should in fact be resting

Hi Debbie it can take quite a bit of time to recover from clippings it takes a few months for the bones to knit back together and things try not to worry it is very early days for you. Jess.xxx

I was coiled not clipped, but I remember when I first came out of hospital trying to wipe the kitchen counter and not being able to do it! I phoned my GP who told me to go back to bed and rest! I think you just have to accept that it is very early in your recovery and not feel guilty about others looking after you :)

Vivien x

Hi Debbie

I was coiled almost three years ago and sometimes till don't have the energy to do any housework after working all week.

I remember I couldn't even bend down to empty the dishwasher because it hurt too much just to bend down - as for using the vacuum cleaner?? Forget it. The main thing is not to feel guilty because you can't do these things. If the houseowrk isn't done the world will not stop spinning :wink: I know - I tried :wink:

Its a very hard thing to come to terms with and I used to fight it all the way - big mistake!!! Once I accepted my limitations and stopped trying to be the person I used to be, it all became a lot easier.

Your health is far more important than a tidy house - I have a great sign on my kitchen door, it says "If a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, then this ktchen is delerious!!" Something I now live by :lol:

Take care of yourself hun - you're far more important.

TTFN

Love Sami xxx

Hi Debbie

I had SAH Sept 06 then another clipping Oct 07 and, sadly, am still trying to come to terms with what happened. A lot of other stuff has happened in my life too, which hasn't helped, but we all take different lengths of time to recover.

It's a real up and down road for us all; I go through phases of thinking I'm absolutely 100% and then topple right back. It's frustrating but at least we're here - we're the lucky ones so do remember that and don't worry or feel guilty at all. Life's too short.

Sarah

Guest Shiree

Hi Debbie

I had SAH in March 08 (clipped). It took along time to be able to do just the easiest of tasks. I cried and cried with self pity and frustration for months, but very slowly I did start to feel a bit better. Don't compare yourself with how you used to be, but how much better you feel today than you did a week ago. It is a long road home.....

I still get a really annoying clicking sound in my head quite often, but am told this is the bone knitting back together.

I know you feel guilty, but please don't. I tried to push myself too soon and certainly didn't end up doing myself any favors!!!!

Take one day at a time my friend

"hugs"

Shiree

Debbie

I had my SAH in April 08 and still have tired days some worse than others x x x It does get me down x x but I try and take it one day at a time x x x

I am going to join a gym see if it helps with the fatigue a bit x x x x I will let you know x x

Keep positive and one day at a time x x x

lots love

donna

xxxxx

Guest debbie

thanks everyone for your help and support i know its hard but i was getting a bit better when i had my sah but then bamb more surgery i feel as if ive got no where i know we are lucky to be here but i surounded with relatives who have give up with fighting inlaw who had a stroke that used to walk but now cant and a brother inlaw who had a slipped disc that will not get better but wont get worse he strives on self pitty so at the moment guys im glad i have all of you thanks again debbie sah nov 08 2 clippings 23 june 09

Hi Debbie :D keep your chin up!!! I know how hard it can be sometimes...just feels like it is on going...but you have to try and stay positive and things will get better xx

I was clipped Dec 07....had 7 hours surgery....have been trying to get back to normality...then bamm as you say i got cancer...but two operations later...i am on the mend again. Life can be so very hard...i do feel for you...but please keep fighting...keep smiling and always remember we are here for you xx Love and hugs to you Debbie.

Love Tina xx

Hi Debbie

You are feeling as we all do. I was coiled in 2006, was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year later and now I am told I am diabetic and was told last year I would have to be re coiled but am still waiting. I attempt to get on with my life which is hard at times. Some days I am quite active like today I cleaned car, cut some bushes, mowed the lawn and still feel OK. Tomorrow I may just go up town with my wife, come home and then sleep all afternoon. I take each day as it comes . It is hard but try and feel positive you have got over the worst many don't, you will get better but you have suffered a severe traumatic event and it takes time. DO AS YOUR BODY TELLS YOU.

Somebody is picking on me just booked a few days in Torquay, yesterday Met Office said it was going to be good now they've changed their minds and its going to b!!!!y rain !!!

Bye All :cool::cool:

Cheers

John