My Story by Sarah

kempse

Thank you Myra for the welcome - this site is very friendly. I think it was your art work that I viewid in the album section - very impressive!

Karen/Tina, yes I'm sure there is some enjoyment with having children -just not seeing much of it at the moment -lol. It's the amount of washing that they produce, that I object to. In fact I think I really ought to force myself to get on with some of it - I wish the weather would improve so I could hang some of it outside!

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Thanks debbie/karen for finding the link...i was having one of those brain jumbled days:lol:.

Kids eh they drive you nuts with little speckles of enjoyment every now and then:lol:.

Sarah yes the hallamshire is quite high sccary infact i just thought ahhh N1 and N2 wards on level N for neuro!!!!. Yes i have photos of the surrounding area from that height.

Hope you are having a good day.

Love luck and laughter

Michelle

Thanks Louise, I think you did actually say hello to me early on - on another thread, before I had posted my story, if my memory serves me right? My memory is certainly not what it was but I am never sure whether is is because of the SAH or, as my Mum keeps telling me, I have just got too much to think about. She's always concerned that I do too much!

Not having too bad a day thanks, Michelle - I have just had a relaxing hour - I went out for lunch with a friend. Before that, I did 3 hours cleaning for someone else, which wore me out, so I think I deserved the treat of some one else preparing my food!! Probably won't get chance to visit the site again today as tonight is football training and dancing - not for me I might add.

Sarah

Think maybe I did on another thread just couldnt remember....oops neither is my memory dont worry about it, I say oops a lot of the time.....

yes sometimes too much thinking makes it more difficult.....

sounds as though you've had quite a day take it easy.....

take care

Hi Mel,

Nice to meet you too! I am still working my way through other peoples’ stories on here so forgive me if I haven’t read yours yet. I did read a recent thread you had started, but unfortunately I felt I had no valuable contribution to make.

From the stories I have read on here so far, it seems a few of us had symptoms that were not recognised by the professionals. I must admit, I did find that part of it all particularly hard to come to terms with. Not long after the event I asked my Doctor to write to the ambulance service, on my behalf (which he did) voicing my concerns – in the hope that he might not make the same mistake to someone else! When I went for my check up angiogram 5 months after the SAH, the neuroradiologist said to me - “I remember you, you had me worried” and on another occasion when showing me the image of the state of my arteries/veins, said “It’s one of the worst cases I’ve seen”. Had I been admitted to hospital sooner I don’t think that those comments would ever had to have been made. I am so very, very grateful for his skill and expertise in sorting me out and getting me out the other side virtually unscathed – I really can’t thank him enough - he is an angel!!

I was going to share one of those rare, lighter moments with you all – one that I recall during my first stay in hospital but I think it will have to wait, as I am getting so behind with everything and I have just remembered it is my nieces birthday at the weekend and Mum’s 80th the day after, so I really need to go into town and get them something.

Take Care,

Sarah

Hi

I was 5 hours in the first hospital when my SAH hit and couldnt open my eyes so they couldnt examine them...all i could see was bright flashing light but because mmy sah was behind the eye i didnt seem able to open them...but on first exam they thought it may be a stroke, they just kept repeating it was a massive bleed when i finally got to the Hallamshire later...no memory of the travelling part from one hospital to the other though...maybe a good thing.

Take care

Michelle c xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the latest 'posts'.

I have had another look at the websites you all told me about regarding migraine aura and watched a few videos on youtube . I was amazed when I watched one guy who was saying that drinking plenty of water helped him ,which is what I had mentioned helped me. I think I am going to start making a written diary of when I get these flashing lights and also make a note of other things that might be happening at the time. I have only made a mental note so far - but I am convinced anxiety has something to do with it - or is it just coincidence that I have had them on the morning of my angiogram, before I went to the dentist, when I took my son to hospital etc?

Anyway, I'm aiming for an early night - work tomorrow - don't want to risk overlaying again!

I think a bit more sleep might help me from doing stupid things - like last night, when I shot out of the house, ran down to the shop to get some milk before it shut, then when I got back realised I had my pyjamas on!! As luck would have it, apart from the two shop assistants I don't think there was anyone about. Another thing to check when I go out in future - am I correctly dressed!!

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Well, I don't think that any stress helps! .... As you know, I have the aura before a migraine and when I'm stressed, it can induce it.

Think that you mentioned keeping a diary, which is a good idea and would suggest that you definitely start one and note everything down .... I can also experience a migraine with aura, just before my period starts as well, so perhaps a drop in hormone level, also contributes to it.... It's certainly evidence that you can show to your GP, who will hopefully follow it up and be able to help you. xx

Thanks for the reply Karen – a bit of food for thought there.

I have got my little note book ready to start recording! - Glad to say no entries in it so far!

Like you say, it should then, at least give me some recorded evidence to present to my GP. On each occasion that I have brought up the subject of these “lights” with my own med team, the word ‘Aura’ has never been mentioned let alone explained – so I really do appreciate you, Debbie and Michelle for your help on this one. Up to now, I have gone from GP to Consultant to GP to Ophthalmologist who suggests going back to Neuro! So I do feel like I have been going round in a few circles. At least in my vision they are only semi-circles!!

Sarah.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Sarah

are or rather were you shortshighted? My Sha caused problems in my right eye (i have always been quite short sighted anyhow) after 6 months y stsill have problems with non reactive pupil (have to use sun glassess as daylight is simply too bright)

front vision is ok but moving eye upwards and downwards means double vision. Any of this sounds familiar to you. I dont see any AURA but non reactive pupil also makes vision blurr

Morning Luisa,

Yes I am short sighted and have been since the age of 7 or 8. The sah did not particularly affect my sight. I had to go to the optician last week to have my field (peripheral) vision checked because the Driving Licence Authority wanted it checked out to see if it had been affected and see whether I am fit to drive (because of the Aura). This was fine, in fact the Optician said she thought the DVLA would think we had cheated because it was so good! So that was a relief. The Optician also checked my normal vision and this has got slightly worse but not enough to buy a new pair of glasses. I wore contact lenses most of my life but find it more comfortable to wear glasses these days. Luckily I don't have a problem with double vision but I do find lights so much brighter than before the sah. I do not like driving at night because other car headlights cause me more of a problem than before - I even turned the brightness down on my computer last night, as that even seemed too bright! I am sorry you still have this problems when you move your eyes up and down, but hopefully it might improve over time. Have you sought advice from an optician/opthamologist as if might be an idea if you haven't. I know it must be such a nuisance for you, the aura I get seems to happen too often for my liking and often lasts up to half an hour. During this time it virtually stops me from doing anything which is inconvenient to say the least!

Take care,

Sarah