Scared for my husband

Yesterday the docs were going to do a sedatoin hold on Rich. They were just about to do it and he coughed up his ventilation tube sp sedation was stopped. He was put on clonidine 2 days ago so this seems to have stabilised his BP. He was responding by putting his thumb up and he even had himself a game of invisible darts at one point. His eyes are opening a bit but the drug is still acting as a very mild sedative. Went to see him today and his hand has been bandaged as he keeps pulling at his tubes and last night he pulled out his nasal feeding tube :crazy: so no hand squeezes today. They mentuoned perhaps moving him to Ward 23 (neuro high dependency) so that will be good to get him out of Intensive Care. Still very early days as he still has these other 2 time bombs (aneurysms) ticking away in his head but hopefully they may be able to operate soon to clip/coil. He was also have all 60 of his staples out of his head (yes - I counted them yesterday for something to do). I really do feel that things are on the up and after 10 days we are starting to see the improvement we were waiting for.:-D

Hi Zoe,

thats very good news to hear. I had to have my hands gloved to stop me pulling out my drips and I even pulled out one of my drains. The things you do when you are not quite with it. When you start to come around you do not like all the attatchments and try to remove them.

Ward 23 is fantastic, I spent time on there, the staff are all very good. You feel like you are making progress because you have left Intensive Care.

Keep your spirits up and give him our best wishes when you need visit. Remember even when he is asleep keep talking, the brain is remarkable organ.

Take care.:wink:

That's good positive news Zoe and I'm sure that they will deal with the other aneurysms, once Rich is stronger.

Good to know that John was also on ward 23 and that he had fantastic care.... it sounds as though everything is going in the right direction.

xx