Hello - Mace here

Mace

Hi there,

As I have been browsing this site for a couple of weeks and finding it extremely useful I felt it would be rude not to register and introduce myself to you!

I do believe I have some very powerful guardian angels looking over me as, purely by coincidence, I was in an appointment with a Consultant Opthalmologist when my aneurysm burst and caused the SAH on June 17th 2010. I have yet to hear his side of the story in full (I will be resuming my appointment with him in early September), but suffice it to say that I was very quickly diagnosed and transferred to the Neuro Unit at the QMC in Nottingham. The aneurysm was coiled the following day and after a few days on HDU I was transferred to D10. I left the QMC after two weeks and one day as an inpatient - they were fabulous but I couldn't wait to get home and begin to recover properly!

I am left with exhaustion and lousy headaches (head pains would be more precise), but the most debilitating effects are double vision and "the staggers" - I walk as if I'm drunk but haven't touched a drop in weeks!

Family, friends and colleagues have been amazingly fabulous but often full of questions, which is where this website comes in handy. What has been very pleasing also is how well they all got on together when they met up at visiting times - it's not usual for those worlds to collide as we tend to operate in separate arenas as a rule so I am happy that they all had such a lovely time meeting up with one another!

That's all for now - just wanted to say hello really, and I'll no doubt see you on the forums in the future.

Very best wishes and a speedy recovery to you all,

Mace

Hi Mace,

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you were in a good place when the unfortunate happened. It is very recent for you so hopefully your symptoms will ease in due course - at least on here you are amongst people who know how you feel. Wishing you the best in your recovery.

Sarah

Hi Mace & welcome to BTG, I've only been here a week but it's helped me so much talking to other people who've been through the same thing.

Sorry that you're still suffering head pain (()), the drunken gait is common as I have it too, but for me it's only being able to see in 1D rather than2. I had my anny clipped at the beginning of June & am finding it really does payto listen to your body & rest when you need to. I've pushed myself too much over the weekend & had to rest for 2 days to recover.

I know what you mean about guardian angels, I think I have a couple too.

Take care & take it easy!

xx

Hi Mace,welcome. Your doing amazingly well posting so early in your recovery,I was in denial for months it simply wasn't happening to me! The symptoms you describe are familiar.Hopefully they will get better and better just be patient.Baby steps all the way!Good luck,looking forward to hearing more.

A warm welcome to you Mace! :-D

Glad that you're finding the website helpful and yes, you're doing really well to be posting so early after the SAH!

I think that you must have had a guardian angel looking down at you as well!

My annie was near to the cerebellum (post right comm artery) and therefore I have balance problems, the wonky eyes don't help either! I still walk like a toddler and have to concentrate on going in a straight line ... uneven pavements are still the pits and I end up walking on the road!

Wishing you well Mace...xx

Hi Mace,

Welcome to the family x x

You will find ALOT of support and help here x x I still 2 years on have questions and need the support of all these fab people x x

I too was in the QMC when I was treated for my SAH X X and like you found them to be fantasticx x

I live in Heanor Derbyshire and I am back at work 26 hours a week but it is not easy x x especially having a 4 year old oh and a husband hehe......

look forward to hearing more from you x x I find a smile a day helps you along the recovery path x x x one step at a time but you sound like you are doing great x x x x

TC

donna

xxxxx

Hi Mace

Welcome to the site and to the family. I'm from Nottingham also (Rise Park). I was initially treated in Derriford, Plymouth as I was on holiday when I had my SAH in August 2006. I was rushed back into QMC three weeks later.

Can you give us some more info about yourself when you feel up to it - age, family, job etc it gives us a better idea of a person and some people can relate easier to others if they have similar circumstances etc - personally I think it's cos we're all nosy:lol:

Look forward to chatting to you more - you'll find loads of friendly people and invaluable support and advice on here.

Hi Mace

Welcome to BTG.

Gosh weren't you lucky to be there when you had your SAH, when you read of how long some members had to wait to get a diagnosis!

I'm 17 months post SAH and still have balance problems. My daughter got married in June and by about 9.30pm I looked as though I had one too many and I hadn't even had one alcoholic beveridge! You are still in the very early days of recovery and hopefully things will improve for you. I had a stroke in my brain stem during the coiling procedure and will always have a little problem with my balance and my gait, especially when I get tired or have been walking for any distance.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.