So snappy!

hi,

i have been in a terribly irritable mood these past few weeks. my poor husband cant seem to do anything right...even though he's so good to me. i am snapping at him all the time for the slightest thing. i try not to but cant seem to help it! i feel awful. sometimes i cant be bothered speaking to anyone, and everything people go on about (i.e my daughter asking what dress she should wear to go out) etc seems so trivial i cant be bothered answering her, which leads to her thinking im being ignorant. does everyone go through this or just me being horrible? my husband lost his temper on me and said i was self pitying...he later apologised and said he didnt mean it. i was NOT happy!!!!!

Hiya

I went through a snappy period a couple of months after my sah... and can definitely relate to finding things so trivial! I got really angry with people moaning about having a cold etc...

I can't quite recall how long it lasted for though. It is not unusual for us all to experience ranges of enhanced emotions though.

Kel x

Hi :) my emotions were all over the place....but i was more tearful and frustrated at myself. I was not snappy, but then i never have been. Kel is right....i think we all experiance a range of enhanced emotions. I did go through a phase where i just shut everyone out....did not want to talk or see anyone....so unlike me. If you need to blast or snap....do it on here :) we are here for you and understand...take care xx

Hi

I think we all go through various emotions. I seem to get very tearful over anything, and also sometimes fly off the handle at silly things. I find it frustrating forgetting things that a minute ago i remebered to do and then forget. Also cant seem to multi task like i use to so that winds me up and makes me irritable. We all go through different emotions but at different times, i think its just learning to accept it and try to deal wit these feelings as they happen. Not easy on our families though.

Tracy S xx

i htink I am more snappy than I was before but I can't get really angry as I just don't have the energy for it. I tend to get tired & furstrated & Nathan plays me up or hubby asks me something stupid (or even worse patronies me) & I just flip. But I don't stay cross for long but it's def more frequent now.

Hi Debbie

It is still very early in your recovery and it does take a while for all the emotions to settle down. I think a lot of it is caused by the feelings of inadequacy and frustration at ourselves for being unable to do all the things we used to take for granted.

My husband has noticed that I'm a lot more laid back now and rarely pick arguments at all but I do tend to get very snappy when I'm tired.

Hey there

Yep, definitely sympathise with you. I've found since my SAH I tend to say what I think more than before rather than bottle it up. I've always been temperamental but the snappiness does pass - eventually. There is a hell of a lot going off in your brain at the moment and you won't be in control of it all most of the time. It's swings and roundabouts at the moment, so don't worry too much. Just let your hubby know that you're nto intentionally being snappy but you can't help it and let your daughter know that you're not being ignorant but there are just some times when you haven't the energy to think let alone give an opinion.

It does get better