emotions

Hi

Having problems with emotions. Not sure how im feeling, one minute im angry with everything then glad to be alive, and wanting to get some sort of work. Now feeling all teary everything is setting me off. I know its early days and my mind hopefully will recover at some point but i just cant seem to deal withit very good. I think depression might be setting in as ive had it before after my daughter was born.

The first month i couldnt do much, then the 2nd i was all possitive and rearing to go but now idont seem to be able to cope with all the weird emotions like anger i feel sometimes and crying. Normally im very laid back just let things go over me, but now anything that annoys i start ranting off. Anything tha puts pressure on me gives me a headache which then scares me.

You see im ranting again.

Tracy S xxx

Hi Tracy all sounds perfectly normal bless you.Its tough going and a huge challenge but does eventually ease up!I think most of us on here have the same problems with our emotions. Me? Well I couldn't watch the news on tv or hear anything sad without crying none stop for the first four months. Infact even anything happy made me howl as well (tears of joy).

Its all bewildering and frustrating but our brains need time to heal!As for the anger,well better out than in as long as you develope a strategy,mine was ranting at the wall like Shirley Valentine only alot louder and am quite sure the neighbours thought i'd lost it completely on several occasions. Try a relaxation tape to calm you after a rant it might help to avoid the head ache.

Have a word with your doctor re any medication,but try not to get too anxious Tracy,your just recovering from a very serious and life threatening event. Big Hugs xxx

I agree it all sounds normal, I veer from sheer frustration to anger to tearfulness in th space of a few minutes (like the weather in Cotland - 4 seasons oin one day!!). I struggle with the tearfulness as I can't explain why I want to cry. I don't go as far as elation though & that makes me feel guilty too which makes me more tearful

I was a sensitive person before my NASAH, but it seemed to amplify my emotions to the "n"th degree. I find I still get very emotional sometimes almost one year after. I read that the area of the brain where my bleed occurred is where the emotions come from. I can get angry or sad at the drop of a hat...how come it can never be the good emotions, lol? Although, I think stress plays a huge role in how high the roller coaster of emotions goes, so have started taking a supplement to support my Adrenal gland. Hopefully it helps!

Hi Tracy

It does all sound normal for all of us, and anyone who has been through or witnessed a traumatic event. It is the range of emotions we go through as part of Post Traumatic Stress.

I found that once I had been told about PTS it helped that I knew why I was feeling a rollercoaster of emotions. It has got better, I am nearly 10 months post SAH now and only get occassional tearfullness and anger. I am generally okay and then wham-I suddenly feel quite desolate and angry. It soon passes and i am not always sure what has caused it, but I just ride it through.

Hope you start to notice an improvement again soon

Kel x

Hi Tracy....sending you hugs xx It is all very normal to feel this way, you have been through a huge trauma. My emotions were all over the place for quite some time. I would go and see your GP and explain how you are feeling. Sometimes just talking about it really helps....even if you have a good cry or rant. We are here for you....take care love Tina xx

Been to doctor, broke down in his office feel such a fool but oh well. Going on antidepresants for a while to see if it can lift me a bit. Also found a group for people who have had a stroke quite young.

thanks everyone

Tracy S xx