Anyone have problems with heart

Hi there everyone,been 20 mths now since cerebral aneurysms [bled both coiled]the last 2 months ive had this sort of pressure on chest at the top near collar bone,not an heavy pressure like someones got there hand there,then pain off the shoulder for a split second then it goes,feeling really tired where could fall asleep standing up and feeling sick,this is really getting me down,i didnt want go the docs cause i have issues with them,but ended up going,hes sent me for a chest xray yesterday and sending me for an ecg on wednesday,the thing is if i have angina would they pick this up on a ecg,i just feel so low today,i feel as though i want go a an e to check my heart out,i thought i was getting over the brink of everything and this happens.ive got an appointment with my consultant on tuesday should i mention all this with him,this appointment was made before all this was going on. These are my symptoms : Light pressure top of chest,feeling sick,dizzy,neck pain,headaches,tired,pain off and on down arm please message me back.bay

Without scaremongering it does sound like angina. I also have heart problems. One way to check if it is, is to get a GTN spray and when the pain comes on use it as directed. If the pain/discomfort disappears within a few seconds of use it is almost certainly angina.

An ECG will not show angina it only shows heart damage but one is always done as a matter of course. If it is angina and your heart has already been damaged by it then the damage will show up on an ECG.

You really need a stress test where you go on a treadmill at increasing speed and gradient whilst attached to an ECG. Any abnormalities will then be shown up. This is done at the hospital under medical supervision.

Do not delay, if it is angina that goes untreated you could be putting yourself at risk of a heart attack or worse.

Seek medical attention ASAP. Treatment can be with drugs.

I am NOT medically trained but speaking from experience. I ignored my symptoms 11 years ago, in denial, I knew deep down what the problem was as I have family history. I was admitted to hospital as an emergency only to be told that it was a good job I had gone in when I did or else I would not have been in this world.

See a doctor as soon as possible.

Hi Bay,

You should mention all of your symptoms to the Consultant when you see him/her, but try not to worry or stress in the meanwhile, as it may not be serious.

I had huge anxiety problems for the first few years post SAH ... I also suffered from an irregular heart beat post SAH (still do), where my heart can beat quite rapidly for a few seconds and then miss a beat or two .... it used to scare the Bejesus out of me, but I was put onto a beta blocker which has helped enormously.

If it is angina, then it is treatable, so don't worry too much. The worry of all of this, is probably adding a lot more stress to your health, so would advise that you come completely clean with the Consultant, as the added worry won't be doing you too much good.

Wishing you the best of luck for Tuesday and be honest with the Consultant, the thought of it all, is probably a lot worse than the outcome.

xx

Hi Bay.

The symptoms you describe may not be related in any way to your SAH.

I echo the advice all ready mentioned by Penny and Karen, take some advice, and have some tests, ASAP.

The pressure on the chest was one of the symptoms that I had in the immediate months before my SAH.

I was having tests and being checked for angina right up to the week of my SAH.

After my coiling,the neuro- consultant said that the chest pressure and arm and hand spasms, that I experienced, could have been caused by the

aneurysm "bulging" and

pressing against the local nerves in the rear- posterior area.

You should definitely mention all your concerns immediately to your doctors.

Don't delay. I did , and the SAH came as a complete shock, when I thought I was a "heart case".

Like Penny says, I don't want to be a scaremonger, but your post has sent a chill down my spine, it is all too familiar.

Tell the heart doctors about your SAH, tell them about my symptoms, and how they were misread.

The chest pains and arm and hand spasms have gone now, since my SAH , so I think my neuro-surgeon may have been correct.

My ECG results were normal, which led to the doctors informing me that I was imagining it all.

The final diagnosis was, that I needed a new pair of glasses.

In hindsight, it's all so obvious, but at the time, it was a mystery.

Get yourself in, and get checked out ASAP.

Good luck.

All the best.

Bill B.

Hi,there

I agree with Sandi and others .....I get palpatations, I am seeing Doc on Monday I will ask him also.......try not to worry if poss

easier said etc etc ....no getting tense it's bad for head.

I told my surgeon..."why is my arm numb?" he shrugged lol .....I hurt myself pulling myself out of chair....weight is a problem

with me...ie too much of it !! much too much !!

Cheer up and get it sorted and all will be well .....ok off to get ice cream lol

All the best

WinB143 xx

Hi there it sounds like it could be anxiety to me and I know drs blame that alot but I reckon it could be they must of been right about me else I wouldn't be here now. I felt everything that you are feeling have done on and off for nearly 9yrs, try not to fret but get some tests done. Drink plenty of water and rest when you need to. Jess.xxx

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there everyone,been 20 mths now since cerebral aneurysms [bled both coiled]the last 2 months ive had this sort of pressure on chest at the top near collar bone,not an heavy pressure like someones got there hand there,then pain off the shoulder for a split second then it goes,feeling really tired where could fall asleep standing up and feeling sick,this is really getting me down,i didnt want go the docs cause i have issues with them,but ended up going,hes sent me for a chest xray yesterday and sending me for an ecg on wednesday,the thing is if i have angina would they pick this up on a ecg,i just feel so low today,i feel as though i want go a an e to check my heart out,i thought i was getting over the brink of everything and this happens.ive got an appointment with my consultant on tuesday should i mention all this with him,this appointment was made before all this was going on. These are my symptoms : Light pressure top of chest,feeling sick,dizzy,neck pain,headaches,tired,pain off and on down arm please message me back.bay
hi everyone again ,forgot i wrote this post lol,but went to see consultant and he had a look at the back of the eyes after explaining everything ,he said there was no pressure there and that i would be having a mri in may this year,my ecg was normal and my chest xray came back normal as well.so alls i can do now is wait for mri,i just thought it would be getting easier now but i seem to be getting more neck pain ,jaw pain i think its tmj but hey what do we know,i hate going to the docs as i was going there for 3 years with headaches ,dizzyness and i kept stating that it was the symptoms and that it wasnt in my head,in theory i felt normal apart from the symptoms then i get rushed to hospital wih 2 aneurysms and thats why i dont like going the docs.thanks everyone bay