Susan - New member - Don't know what to expect

SMS2503

I had my SAH 6 weeks ago. Still have headaches also pain/ache in my left arm. Aches in my legs sometimes.

I had double vision at first but that seems to have cleared up.

I do feel worried about the future wondering if I will fully recover, or if any new symptoms appear. Just registered on this site.

Susan

Edited by Tina
Added name to title :)

Hi Susan :)

A very warm welcome to you :) so glad you found BTG so early on.

You will find lots of help and support here.

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more about yourself, I was clipped and had 7 hours of surgery.

Glad your double vision seems to have cleared up, its a hard thing to cope with.

Very early days for you, rest up, take care and look forward to hearing more from you.

Tina xx

Hi Susan.

Are u home? Good if you are. The odd sensations do come I'm afraid but there is lots of older threads on here that helped me to be reassured and just ask if you are worried.

Take it slowly. That might not be what you are used to but it's important not to just try and jump back into doing what you used to.

Hi Susan and welcome. First thing to remember: be gentle with yourself! Time is your friend, don't try to run before you can walk take it as it comes. Remember to pace yourself. When struggling, remember: don't compare yourself to how you were before but how you were when you came out of hospital - that way you'll see how far you've come.

We've all been there and it was really reassuring for me in the early days to see how well people were! Keep smiling :)

Hi Susan,

Hope all is well with you, and as others on here have said, be kind to yourself and do not stress. ie relax xx

It can be a long haul but look back in 4 weeks and see how far you have come, then another 6 weeks and so on.

I had mine in 2009 and remember nothing until shunt was fitted in 2010.

Keep happy and sing it helps xx well it did me xx

Good luck on your recovery

WinB143 xx

Hi there

Welcome to the site and to the family.

The most important thing right now is that you get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water and don't overdo things. Think of it as a broken leg in plaster - it needs rest to heal.

There's always someone about to answer questions or share their experience - believe me a lot of what you are feeling is very common and therefore quite normal.

Take care hun

Thank you for all your replies. I had coils on 11th September. I had SAH on 3rd September. If took a week for surgeons to find the aneurysm as there was so much blood. But luckily they found it and fixed it with coils. After reading some of the posts on here I feel so lucky that I survived and hopefully I will make a full recovery. I get very tearful Today was a really bad day. I had to attend a relatives Funeral. I was ok at the service. But when I had to follow the coffin to the grave I had a terrible thought I thought "this could have been me".

I started to sob. It took me by surprise I hate to bite my lip to stop sobbing.

Wow. What a day. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to be more positive. I have headaches most if the time. My legs and my left arm ache Hopefully these will go soon. I also have trouble with concentration But hoping that will get better. Sorry for having a moan. I know I'm much better off than some people on this site. But today has been horrible. Susan.

Edited by penny
Paragraphs/line spacing inserted for easier reading

I am sorry you had such a bad day and also for the passing of a loved one. I have thought the same thing and it breaks me down to tears thinking of leaving my family. You have survived a terrible ordeal and doing so well so soon. At night aways pray that tomorrow is one more day toward healing. I do hope you have a better day.

Iola