Hello - Michael

modbod

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

Keith, I enjoyed listening to Daniel's music and to your's and looking at your photos of Devon on your website. Devon seems like a lovely part of the world.

I have dabbled a bit in recording as well over a year ago and attach below a link to one mp3 track;

http://www.4shared.com/file/24279385/df ... meMP3.html

If you can't access it don't worry as it is pretty bad anyway.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all,

I have not been on the website for a good while (since June 2008) so I thought I'd just say hello.

I was supposed to have a cerebral angiogram after 6 months but it was about a year before I was called, in December 2008. Anyway it turned out I was clear, so that is good news and I do not have to go back for another angio in the future.

Just when I was getting back to normal with the SAH I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last September and my prostate has now been fully removed after two stays in hospital. The various scans and biopsies suggest that all of the cancer was removed during surgery and that the prognosis is "excellent", but it also seems there is a 20% to 25% risk of recurrence. I know some guys who have had similar experiences and who are still clear many years later so I'm hoping for the best. The side-effects of this include sterility/impotence and incontinence---at age 60 the former is not that important to me and the latter is improving gradually although the nappies will continue for a while yet.

Since September 2007 I've been in hospital seven times, mainly for the SAH and the cancer but also for a few other minor things--my hospital bills exceed Eur40k but thankfully VHI, the insurer, is paying for this. Hopefully 2009 will be a better year and my wife and I hope to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in April 2009. I know I have been a bit of a pain for her of late but thanfully she is still living with me.

Thanks for listening,

Regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Nice to see you back on the website! :) You've certainly been through the mill, but good news about the angio and good to hear that they've been able to remove all of the cancer.

Wishing you a much healthier 2009 and hope that your health continues to improve and that you can enjoy your 25th wedding anniversary .... it's definetly hard on the partners, as it also must be such a worry for them....

Take care Michael and it's great to hear from you!....

Love K xx

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes. It is good to know that you are all still out there and ready to offer support and friendship when the going gets tough.

Best wishes to all of you for a happy and successful 2009.

Regards, Michael