Confidence

Guest Debs18

Guest Debs18

Since my SAH May 2007 I have found my confidence is at an all time low and I tend to let people walk all over me. Can any one help me get better or do they have a way that helped them with this problem :?:

Hi Debs

Sorry to hear that you feel so low I think in the first couple of months after having the SAH we exist on a false high from being that relieved to be here. Then you realise that you are not the same person as before and that is the hardest part and the part I think that knocks the confidence out of you.

I returned to work at the 7 month stage because it was starting to depress me being at home. I still haven't managed to get back to my full time hours and it tires me out by the end of the week but just returning to work helped me to regain a lot of my confidence.

I still find that I lack confidence in some situations but then again most other people do as well.

Janet x

Hi Debs I found that going back to work gave me all the confidence I needed as working where I work you have to argue even for your holidays, I mean they were saying things like your child is still a baby so you don't need the time off in the school holidays so you can't have his 1st birthday off and do you know thats when it finally hit me I thought Jess you wouldn't of been spoken to like that b4 your sah so don't take it now, and take it I didn't I said right then I will have it has unpaid parental leave they gave it me has holiday in the end LOL. Welcome to the group debs look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Debs

Welcome to the site and to the family.

For about 6 months after my SAH I didn't even have the confidence to go shopping alone!! Don't beat yourself up about it hun, just tell yourself that the world is no different to how it was before, it's you that may have changed and there is nothing to worry about. It seems to be a common side effect, so certainly don't think you're alone.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Love Sami xxx

Hi Debbie and welcome to the website... :D

It sounds like you and Stephen are buddies.... :D

Yes, I've also taken a big knock in my confidence.....especially with what I'm capable of in the workplace (I still haven't returned to work, but it looks as though I could have a couple of days work in May ..... I'm self-employed and I suppose that I should be grateful that they still keep asking me to go back. It does seem quite typical though, that a lot of us SAH'ers experience similar things.... all I can say, is that it does get better with time.

Hi

Debbie introduced me to Headway and understood a lot of how i felt early doors. I have asked her to join BTG and delighted she has.

She does complain that i cancelled her angio in November as i decided to have sah when she was due her angio and she was sent home.