Dizzy

Good Morning,

Jim woke up today for the first time since suffering his SAH 6 months ago. When he got up he had to lie back down because he was so dizzy. I am a little uneasy since this is the first time it has happened. :?

Has anyone else had these syptoms and do you think they are normal.

Have a good day, hope everyone is well.

Cal

XXXXX

Hi there mine come on a while after aswell I was petrified the first time too still get it occasionally, but there are a few of us in here who get dizzy. If you are concerned get him to see his doctor. Jess.xxx I am sure he will be fine.

Hi Cal

I often get a dizzy head, but I put that down to my eyes {double vision} and my deaf ear {hopefully will get better] If I get up too quickly or am very tired it seems to get worse. I agree with Karen and Jess if this has not happened before get Jim checked out, could be blood pressure or is he stressing about going back to work?

Take care

Love Tinaxx

Hi,

Jim stayed home today after once again feeling dizzy this morning. He did some serious work at my Brother's house this past week-end and I think he over did it.

He did stay on the couch most of the day and is taking it very easy. He said he feels light headed. I suppose you are the only one that knows your body and when it comes to the time that you need to stop you will. I am glad that he is finally realizing that.

Cal

XXXX

GOD I am glad i am not the only one i have been feeling dizzy for a while and i do find if i panic ar get anxious it feels worse like i'm going to faint and have to lie down... im 1 month into recovery and this scares me the most x x i do not want to faint x

Hi Donna

At only one month on it is quite common to feel really dizzy especially after trying to do anything. It does get easier with time though and once you get used to all the twinges and sensations the anxiety also gets better as well.

Just remember to take it things slowly and get plenty of rest its your body telling you it needs to rest.

Take care

Janet x

I get anxious x

the dizzyness even comes all over my body and back of neck.

I woke up suddenly last night after falling asleep really relaxed feeling hot and dizzy/faint it was so scary but i lay back down and calmed myself down i was shaking also x

has anyone else felt like this and does anyone take antidepressents x

Hi Donna,

I am not sure since I am not a doctor but I think that your anxiety might be a part of your fear. I know early on it was for Jim.

Jim did overdue things and that is why he was dizzy. He has been okay since last week. Also, for Jim it is 6 months tomorrow since he suffered his SAH. You are only a month since your SAH. It is still very early for you. It does take time and that is why this site with it's many questions, answers and caring people will help you so much as it has for Jim and I. :)

Take care,

Cal

XXX

thankyou ever so much for your support everyone....

I do get really scared when I feel something new a sight twinge in my head and I panic x :?

I know i need to relax but i find it really hard can anyone recommend anything??

I keep playing bingo online but i dont want to have to get a bank lone :lol:

Thought about doing a jigsaw x

Donna,

I've just replied to your e-mail......you didn't mention in the e-mail that you had the shakes as well.... you need to get yourself checked out with the GP.... If you're waking up at night with the symptoms, then perhaps you have a problem with your balance ..... I was given a balance assessment at my local hospital after being referred by my GP. Please go see your Doc.... he will hopefully rule out the simple stuff and if you're feeling extremely anxious, then you need to tell him, as anxiety won't help you and will probably exacerbate the problem.

You may find that propping yourself up in bed a little more, may help with the dizziness, rather than lying flat ..... I use the "V" pillow for support, as well as a couple of normal pillows.....

I've just caught your new post ..... being scared over the twinges in your head is normal .... it takes time to get used to them and realise that nothing scary is going to happen to you ......so, try not to panic.......I know that it's easier said than done, but all of us that have experienced them, are still here and alive and kicking! :D Get as much rest as you can.....it seems to be the key....

thankyou i will get a balance check booked its my eyes that play up and i know thats normal x

I dont like feeling hot either my poor hubby is freezing x :lol:

i think i'm going to speak to my doctor about some tablets because sometimes I cry and cant stop x

I didnt want to take tablets but i feel i need them x

there is a support group at QMC and i want to go there but i get nervous x

Donna, I know Elva who runs the support group at QMC ...... she's a really lovely lady.......try to go along if you can.... it's well worth it ...Elva also reads our message boards and contacts me via e-mail. By the way, nobody expects you to speak or discuss things when you first go to these meets.....you can just sit and listen and take things at your own pace ....so don't worry.....

Donna,

Welcome, I'm 19 months on and still get panicky and dizzy but not quite so often unless tired or stressed. I too cry a lot and have just started counselling last week. I also get head twinges as well- you get used to those!

Take care and don't expect too much much, you are early on in your recovery. Things do get better.

Laura

xx

Hi Donna

Like everyone else has said: you are at a very early stage. Take your time.

I found I needed an extra pillow because if I lay down too flat, I got like panic attacks or constriction in my chest which would wake me.

Dizziness could be anything: blood pressure, balance and inner ear etc. Like Karen says you need to discuss this with your GP. Or your rehabilitation nurse at the hospital.

Also the crying: I think its the shock of what happened to you. If I cry now, I just can't stop. I think its the body's way of getting rid of the fear and shock.

Have I missed something here? (Which wouldn't surprise me). Have you posted your story on here?

Keep posting, don't sit there worrying on your own...

Big hug

Lesley xxx

Posted by donna79 on Sat May 31, 2008 5:43 pm

hello every1 i'm new today...

i am 28 and had a bleed in april 08 i am finding really hard i dont know what i should be doing, i dont know whether i should be in bed or out and about, i panic no matter what i do.

my head feels fuzzy when anybody visits so i'm feeling really alone..

whenever anyone visits i feel dizzy and my head feels light

IS THIS NORMAL X

Lesley, Donna posted in the Green Room and that's probably why you missed it.

Hi Donna,

please can i encourage you to go to the support group??

These are people who will relate to you and will hopefully allay some of your fears.

I found that meeting ad talking with others was a real help-after all who else really understands what you are going through?

This whole thing can make us more anxious..but I will bet that if you make it to one meeting that will break the ice and you will find some help there!

Best wishes

Andy P

thankyou all for your advice i spend most my time in behind the gray i am finding it great support...

I hope in the future i can be great help to people like you guys have been to me.. x

I am going to go to the support group at QMC with my husband providing i feel ok x

I will let you know how i get on x

thankyou once again x

Well done Donna for making the decision to go to the QMC support group (Nottingham) ...... I'm sure that you'll find a good bunch of friendly people there, who will only be too willing to welcome you .... I've just had an e-mail from Elva and she's reminded me that there's a support meet this Thursday ..... so, try your best to get along there ..... most of us feel v.nervous with the thought of going to these type of things, but once you've done the first one, you'll be really pleased with yourself..... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Donna,

It happened to Jim a couple of times. I think he was very tired and had done too much the day before. It is best if you let yourself sit on the edge of the bed and try to stretch a little before getting up. This seems to work for Jim.

Take care.

Cal

XXXX

Hi Donna

I woke up this morning and am still dizzy a few hours later.

Just had a couple of difficult emotional days and went to bed both nights feeling ill with stress. Stress over now and feel better emotionally, but feel very dizzy and out of it.

I'm sure this will pass as the day progresses.

Drinking a couple of mugs of warm water and getting myself out and about later this morning should do the trick.

BIg hug

Lesley xxx