????????????

I had a drain when i was in hospital and i know nothing about it apart from that it drained fluid off my brain

did anybody else have this and what side affects did you have???

i get neck ache and back ache alot but i put that down to when they ent up to put the coils in??

Hi Donna

I had a ventricular drain when I was in hospital. I couldn't see what the outside looked like, but I could feel some mecano like structure on my head and I got told off when I adjusted the bed as it had to be a certain height!

I know what the inside looked like though. My drain can be clearly seen in the following picture:

imagedj7.jpg

I didn't have any side effects, but I have a small dent in my skull where they drilled the hole.

Regards

Keith

Thankyou keith i thi nk what you have said is the same i got told off everytime i moved the bed :lol:

And i have a dint in my head feels funny they didnt mention anything at the hospital so i presume it was just something at the time x

To be honest they never told me alot about it i also ha to have it reclamped once needed more draining off that is when i had my first panic attack x

Your picture shows lots of detail how di you get a copy of it x

Hi Donna

My dent is just above the hairline at the front. It's so small, even I have a job to locate it.

I have hundreds of pictures on a CD showing my aneurysm both pre and post coiling. There's a couple in the photo album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/behindthegray/BrainScans

I wrote a letter to my consultant neuroradiologist asking for my angiogram and CT scan images. They sent them on a CD and charged me £25. Worth the cost just to see my aneurysm.

Regards

Keith

I had a gravity feed drain I had to lie flat, but I stood up and wouldnt sit down Ronnie told me - Yikes :roll:

But as for drains yes I have one in my brain now.........think of a staw bend it then let it flex back into shape that's what I feel a lot......

Louise.xx

Hi Donna

Yes i had a drain, like Jess it was dangling behind me if i remember correctly!! It really hurt when they removed it, i do remember that bit!! I also have a pin mark scar on my forehead , i think that was another one during surgery, but was removed before i came round, cant see it because my fringe covers it and it is only small now! My forehead is still abit numb, especially on the right hand side where is it still paralysed and i cannot move it or my eye brow.... i can do a James Bond :lol:

Love Tinaxx