A weird question for you......

I am wondering if this is the first time this question has been asked, but I am hoping someone will be able to answer it.

I have just purchased a pair of false magnetic eyelashes.  When I opened the packaging there was a warning not use these eyelashes if you use hearing aids, pacemakers or defibrillators.  So I am now wondering if they are going to be safe for me to use with coiling in the old head.

Am I just being stupid ??  

Apologies if I am.

Hi there

As Super says, ask a professional as we're not qualified.

I was contemplating using them and didn't have any worries about doing so.  My understanding - and this is not advice or confirmation that they'll be OK - is that the coils are not magnetic as they are safe when going through airport checks, shop security etc - not to mention MRI and MRA scans, so therefore are not affected by anything magnetic.  With the other things you mention I believe there are batteries etc so could be affected by any magnetic pulse nearby.  Again though,  check with a professional beforehand. 

Hi Rach,

Not a stupid question, but to be honest it made me think of us all wearing them and all of us stuck together and it made me laugh so sorry xx

My silly brain working overtime  lol xx as I also have a shunt !! 

Hope you can find out if  you can wear them,  If you can good luck xxxx  No fluttering or I might back into you xx xx

Regards

Win xxxx  Keep running out of likes.   

Huge magnetic forces are used in MRI/MRA scanners and hence why platinum is used to coil aneurysms and is compatible in a scanner.

I believe that it's anything with iron in the composition that causes a problem when being scanned and hence why we are asked to take off belts, bras with underwires, clothing with metal buttons, zips, jewellery etc as we or the nursing staff wouldn't know the composition of the metal and whether it would cause us a problem in the scanner.

I truly wouldn't worry about magnetic eyelashes. It really won't cause a problem with your coiling. In a MRI machine, I believe that it's about the equivalent of a thousand fridge magnets on the brain when we're being scanned for check ups .... so I would honestly doubt that your magnetic eyelashes would cause a problem at all, on a day to day basis .... but if you were going in to a MRI scanner, you would have to remove them. Just adhere to the warnings on the product. xx

Well thank you all for your replies.

Win you had me in stitches !

I had a really sensible e-mail from the company that I purchased the eyelashes from and I was really impressed with their reply.

The things us girls have to do.....

Just need to stop poking myself in the eye x

Archived