did your memory get worse over time

Guest luigirose

Guest luigirose

hello all,

I had my SAH, April 2007, and am by all who know me fully recovered. of course I know this is a mirage, but my question to anyone who has experienced it is has your short memory worsened over time or gotten better? I think that too much stress in my life is currently to blame, but would like to remember setting the coffee pot the night before for a change. It is not the end all of problems, quite minute compared to others, but I worry if I don't remember the small things like this now, what will it be like 5 years down the road.

any input would be most welcome.

sincerely,

lisa

Hi there Lisa my memory did get better over time but now sometimes I can't remember some things. However I think it is due to stress so I wouldn't worry if I were you but go and speak to your doctor and see what they recommend. Jess.xxx

Hi Lisa :D

Mine is improving, but if tired or stressed...then yes it definitely is a lot worse.....a lot of us use post it notes to help us....and also just adapt to having to double check sometimes.......but like Jess has said ...if worried , go and see you Doctor.

Take care

Love Tinaxx

Hi Lisa

Memory bain of my life, I have what I call no memory recall after a few weeks the memory dissapears, HOWEVER that has believe it or not improved greatly, AND this isnt what everyone has to go through.

But I think that iyour memory will keep improving over time.

Take care

Louise.x

Lisa,

I'm a bit confused about my memory! After SAH my memory was poor but I put it down to my brain healing, noe it seems worse but i think itmay be because i'm not so forgiving about my brain healing any more, my SAH was nearly 2 years ago.

I don't know I now feel my memory is worse- does this make sense???

Laura

xx

Hi there,

Yes your memory does improve over time but does tend to slip back when you get tired. I bought a Nintendo DS with the Brain game and found this to be an excellent tool for training the brain and helping with the memory problem. Concentration levels are another area affected by tiredness so it's best to listen to your body and take time out to rest and recharge the batteries.

Have a great day everybody

Regards

Diane

Guest ElaineW

Yep I can relate to that with Maggie (my mum) - she had her SAH in May 2008 and loved nothing more than chocolate - she hates the stuff now! Wierd. Thing is she could do with putting on a few stone!

Elaine

Guest luigirose

thank you for all your responses. I think that it is stress and tiredness and I just need to monitor myself better. Its hard taking a step back and analyzing how life changes when one goes through this.

lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lisa,

my memory has definitely got worse over time. I went back to uni 6 months after my SAH and had no problems getting my degree. It's only this year, 2 years on that I've suffered, and I think that's a lot to do with my (now ex) stressful job.

Hi Lucie,

Stress and tiredness definetly doesn't help with the memory ...... I haven't found that my memory has got worse with time ... it's improved, but not as it was before the SAH and I'm getting older, so that doesn't help anybody :wink: ..... I've perhaps just learned to find ways of coping with it and adapting to the situation ..... xx