New here!

Guest blondie77

Guest blondie77

Hi my name is Claire, im 31.I sufferered a SAH 1st Sept 2000.I dont remember anything about it, I Only know what people told me happened.All i can recall is having a stiff neck at work and i put it down to stress as id just moved house.. my now ex boyfriend said i was in the kitchen and i collapsed hitting my head on the floor, he got me in to the living room but my face became droppy and left eye rolling so he called the abulance.I was taken to Hospital, they rhought i was drunk and had passed out! as my condition didnt inprove and after about 5 hours they decided to do a CT scan, this showed the bleed,with that i was rushed to Old Church hospital in Romford Essex where they did a right side crainiotimy and sucsessfully clippied the ruptured aneurysm. my bone flap was left out for 6 months, i have weakness down left side and lost quite a bit of movement in my fingers- used to do hair dressing but thats out of the question now!- i currently work part time for Tescos. The main problem is the dam tieredness/mental exhuastion, Ive discoved that bread helps me, must be the yeast, so i dont go any where without a hot cross bun! any way i would love to hear from girls or boys abouthow you manage and cope with life.

:D

:D

Hi Claire

Welcome to BTG. Sorry to hear about your SAH but, hey, that's why we're all here!!! Don't mean to sound glib, but a sense of humour is definitely required don't you think, after what we've all been through. I had my SAH September 2006 and a second aneurysm clipped almost a year ago in October '07. Still not back to work, still get very fatigued and have a slight weakness in my right leg/foot. Memory absolutely pants and no good at multi-tasking, nor in confrontational situations nor in busy places such as supermarkets, shopping centres etc. Various other niggly legacies but SURVIVING and here.

This is a great site absolutely chock-a-block with wonderful people at different stages of recovery or caring for those in recovery so we all help each other.

Looking forward to chatting with you again.

Sarah x

Hi Claire,

Welcome to BTG, a fantastic site for support and advice.

I am 2 years on and must say the tiredness, headaches and emotions are my worst thing and if anything getting worse rather than better.

I probably don't listen to my body as often as I should (she says after having just got up from 3 days in bed with stinking headache!)

I have changed jobs, full time, and think that may have caught up with me. I've been at my new job 3 months and tried to do decorating etc at same time. Think my body is tired!

It can be hard, some excellent days, some ok days and some rubbish days but at least i'm here to tell the tale even if I feel 69 instead of 29 most of the time!

Sorry to sound miserable- i'm not normally like this honestly :lol:

Might try your bread idea even though i'm not a fan of bread!

Love and hugs

Laura

xxx

Hi Claire :D

A big welcome to behind the gray......as the others have said, lots of us here are at different stages, i have been clipped 10 months ago, and yes the tiredness is a big factor, also my sight and balance, but are improving.

Hope you find as much help and support as i have, take care, look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Tina xx

Hi there

Warm welcome to the site.....

I had my SAH in November 1999 and I havent managed back to work its something thats out of the question for me even part time, I have to balance to endure things or be so out of it if I worked.......

its the tiredness and memory thing that gets to me, I have no memories of it happening none at all.....

take care

Louise.x

Guest Phil Price

Hi Claire, Come on in..... plenty of like-minded (politically incorrect?) souls on this ship. I am only new to this site (think I beat you by about 5 days). There is a an absolute ton of really useful information here. Delve in and see what you find that might help you out.

Love your idea of carrying around a hot-cross bun. If you are ever passing by Ipswich be sure to drop in and we can share it over a cup of tea!!!

I am one of the rare-breed of 'non-Aneurysm SAH' victims - so my story is not so graphic and exciting as most. I (like another member commented) sometimes feel like a bit of a fraud but then I am brought back down to earth when my body tells me to 'take it steady' and stop doing too much!!! Then I remember.......Oh yeah I'm not the same person anymore!!!

All our lives have been changed in a sudden and dramatic fashion (to a greater or lesser degree). But one thing we must all promise ourselves is to stay positive and just acknowledge that we are lucky to be alive - therfore cherish each day for what it is.

Here is my own personal declaration to myself:

I acknowledge what has happened. It probably will change my life forever.

I will try to make a full recovery (in a sensible time-frame)

I will NOT OBSESS about it and let it drag me down.

I will use it as a positive spring-board and improve my outlook and appreciation of life.

If you want to ask questions or just chat that is fine.

I am happy to participate if it helps.

Take it easy. Phil

Hi Claire and welcome....

My equivalent to your hot cross bun is a bottle of water .... don't go anywhere without one ..... think it's become like a comfort blanket to me .... :wink:

How do you feel that you've progressed? Noticed that your bleed was in 2000, so you're 8 years on .... I'm only just over 3 years ... seems like an eternity sometimes and can't really remember how life was pre-SAH .... that must mean that I'm adapting to things! :)

I'm sure that there are many members on here, like myself that take comfort from the fact that others have come before us and are still here and prepared to tell their story. xx

Hi Claire

Welcome to BTG. My SAH was in August 2006 and like Karen, I think I've finally come to terms with it now - I can't remember what my life pre SAH was like but I can remember what I could do then and can't do now - but I have learnt to accept it.

This site has been a godsend to me over that last two years and I have made many life long friends - I hope that you get the same from BTG.

Speak soon and nice to "meet" you :wink:

Love Sami xx

Guest blondie77

Yeah me to, i cant remember what it used to feel like to get up in the morning feeling 'normal', ive got so used to feeling this mental fatigue that thats my 'normal' i cant even have a shower in the morning because the thinking about am i going to feel worn out if i have the shower makes me worn out!, then im worn out for the day!so i have to shower at night so i ca sllep it of. it has been noticed and i know i do worry about worrying (if that makes scense?) i know that i obsess about things, like i get something in head and i just cant let it go and this dosnt help the tieredness!also impulse is bad esecially shopping! i search the town and internet for things and wont stop until if found it but as soon as ive got it i dont want it! its like i get the same 'buzz' when i buy somthing as i get when i return it, ive read the impulse is down to frontal lobe damage. does any one eles get anything like this and how do you manage it?

talk soon

Claire

xx

Hi Claire

I felt the same in the first few months just thinking about doing things made me feel tired think I was also slightly obsessive as well. Once I started to feel a little better I became quite compulsive for a few months and started buying all kinds of clothes, shoes gadgets that I had no use for at all. Lots of things I did return but still coming across carrier bags with clothes in and labels still attached.

I found it hard to stop and the only real way around it was not to go into town unless its for something specific also took all my credit cards out of my purse which helps too. I satisfy my compulsion by window shopping on the internet will fill a basket full of things then just click off the site without going through the checkout. Seems to get rid of the craving because most of the buzz comes from choosing the items not necessarily paying for them.

Janet x

Guest mojojojo

Hello and welcome to behind the gray. You will totally enjoy this site. I am a newbie but enjoy hearing from people. My Mum is a year on from a SAH although her conditions isnt good, i get lots of inspiration from the lovely people who frequent this site.

I hope you find advice and comfort here.

Take Care Love Sharon x

Hi Claire,

It's great to hear someone go through so much and come out the other side, you should be proud. My partner Sharon suffered exactly the same thing and now resides in a nursing home, bless her.

Great to hear from some one like yourself.

Phil

xxx