getting through the day

I just wondering whether anyone has a similar experience to myself. I've been back at work for a few months now but find I have to pay extra attention to everything, from taking care to look to my left as I don't have great awareness on that side and I really have to study new people's faces very carefully to try to remember what they look like and recognise them in future. The list is endless, of things that I used to do automatically, that now I have to concentrate on and it's like a full-time job trying to appear "normal".

Has anyone else had this and do you get used to it in time?

Thanks

Anne xxx

HI ANNE

YES I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN IT IS HARD TO REMEMBER PEOPLE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THEM SEVERAL TIMES AND REMEMBERING NAMES IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT FOR ME. I RUN INTO THINGS AND HAVE TROUBLE WITH MY BALANCE HIGH HEELS ARE OUT FOR ME :lol:

BUT YOU DO FIND YOURSELF DEALING WITH IT EVEN IF YOU JUST LEARN TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF MOST OF THE TIME, I KNOW WHEN I AM TIRED THOUGH I GET UPSET ABOUT IT. BUT TRY TO TAKE IT ALL IN STRIDE

LUV XXX EVELYN :mrgreen:

Hi Anne

Oh yes I have to do that too, thats one of the reasons that I couldnt go back to work the total concentration on that and what I was saying is tramendous..... I really admire you doing it......good for you...

I do hope otherwise things are going well for you.

take care

Louise.x

Hi Anne

I do find I have to concentrate a lot more now to do things that would be second nature before SAH. I don't think you ever entirely get used to it, but I have learned to live with it. Some aspects of my work require special care as if I make a mistake, I could potentially kill or seriously injure someone. I just have to make sure that I carefully check everything and if I'm not sure, I check it again. I no longer have a problem with faces or names; that has got better with time, but I do get my mords wuddled from time to time :lol: As for details: I just have to remember to write everything down.

Regards

Keith

Hi Anne,

It's exactly the same for me too.

Find myself having to double check every little detail, as I know that I can easily lose concentration, especially when interrupted with a phone call etc.

I used to job share when I was a Personnel Manager and that discipline has really helped to get me through .... I was used to doing handover notes etc and everything I touch now, with work, I'll sign it off and add a note .... think that I'm probably more thorough than I used to be, as really don't want to slip up....

Have been sorting out employees meal preferences for the firms annual xmas dinner, so definetly didn't want to get the turkey mixed up with the salmon, beef or veggie option etc ... so checked every little detail of my excel doc until I was blue in the face!! :lol:

xx

Thanks for your replies, it really helped yesterday as I was wondering whether I was the only one experiencing this.

Yes I am constantly going over things at work and checking and rechecking them. I wonder why my brain doesn't work so well automatically any more. Has anyone had this explained to them? Is it to do with concentration or memory or slow processing? I feel it's not so much that I can't concentrate but that I have to concentrate all the time.

Anne xxx

Hey there

I've found that since my SAH I can't take things in as quickly or grasp a new instruction so easily - before I only had to be told once or have something explained once and it would stick - now I'm having to write things down a lot to use as reference - on the upside my general memory has improved loads :?

TTFN

Love Sami xxx