Seizures, dry eyes and shunt - trish1013

Posted on behalf of trish103 -  Please respond to trish103 

I am going into 2 years in November 2018 since my hemorrhage and my Shunt put in I have some  I also had seizure back in February this year has any one else had a seizure I feel like my eyes are always dry and tired and are getting worse since my eye appointment  last September

I am going back to eye doctor this September does anyone experience problems with there eyes and ear when I get a cold it all feels worse because where the shunt is behind my ear I always feel clogged.  Does anyone else feel this or had a seizure?

trish1013

Hello Trish,

I am sorry for your difficulties. I did not have a shunt or seizure, but in the hospital I had double vision (now 6 months out it has resolved). I have had a feeling of eye discomfort and always dry eyes since the SAH event. My vision did not seem as good, either. And, it does seem worse with cold or sinus issues. 

I recently went to the eye doctor and he said I have the beginning stages of glaucoma in my left eye. I have a follow up appointment. So, good that you are getting it checked out. I am 61 years old. Family history of glaucoma. I have a personal opinion that when we have gone through a traumatic medical event ~ it seems to "kick in" all our pre-determined genetic health problems as well. I have had more health issues since my SAH that are "un-related" ~ so the doctors say. Take care. Kathy

Hi Trish,

My epilepsy was not over SAH but when I was 14 and puberty !! the older I got the longer I went without one.

Also have a shunt fitted as I couldn't wake up due to Hydrocephalus.  Once that was in it brought me back to land of living. 

I had my SAH 2009 and wham they came back with a vengeance.  But slowing up a bit now not had symptoms of a seizure since February this year.  I get when stressed sea noises in my ears,  I guess it is like tinnitus sharp high pitched noises and my ears always feel dirty nowdays but honestly I do wash them lol xx  Some days are better than others 

Try not to stress and I sing as it takes my mind off the buzzing noise xx Good luck xx Oh dry eyes also got spray for them xx

I have not had a seizure, I am sorry to hear about your troubles.  I can relate to the dry eye experience.  I see I am not alone with the dry eye and wonder if it has some connection to my NASH or Vaspspasm.  Trish I wish you well in your recovery.

Win, I love that you sing..everytime you mention I smile :)  I too believe laughter is such an important part of life.. 

Jean

• 3 months later...

Yes, I have had a seizure 1 year after .  Yes my right ear always feels clogged I keep asking the Doctor to check my ears.

I also get dizzy if I turn my head to fast sometime the feeling of dread comes over me and I get scared.  I have good days and bad days so I took an fmla a work to cover me when i dont come to work or I have to leave I am very   can work and drive  do you feel this way?

Yes I do have problems with my eyes going back to eye Doctor  yes I always feel worse in the head when getting a cold I am very luck to be alive but I feel i will never be the same trish I was before.  Is that a normal feeling?

Trish 1013

Hi Trish,

With reference to your question above, it depends on individual circumstances and treatments given to you by your healthcare professionals.  Not everything is down to SAH, but whatever happens, you can't control the past, only the future.  Learn from the past and move on as best you can.  You may have to adapt certain things in your life, but you've already shown you can do that.

With regards to the medical aspects, only your doctors and you can answer them.  Some may take longer than others, just try not to let anything stand in the way of enjoying your life.  Some things may be permanently changed - not better or worse, just different - that's the way to look at it,  in my opinion.

Best wishes

Macca

Archived