Fuzzy head feeling.....

Hi

I dont post very often but wonder if anyone can help. I had a SAH on the 25th December 2007, also had a shunt inserted in February 08 and must admit did expect by now to feel more normal!!. My question is does the fuzzy head feeling ever go? Would love to hear from anyone who is further down the line than me.

Nice to see you posting again Tina :P , missed your upbeat posts and hope you are recovering.

Take care all

Anne x

Guest shelscha

My rupture was June 2007; shunt was put in about 14 days after. August 2008 I had another brain surgery related to the rupture and it caused a stroke. I thought last year right before my surgery I was starting to have some periods of clearness. I call it a fog but am assuming we are referring to a similar feeling. I am just now starting to get some periods of clearness again. I am still battling constant dizziness and balance issues as well as numbness from the stroke. It seems to me that the more I do and more familiar I become with my surroundings, again, the more clearness I experience.

Shelly

Hi there

for me I would say that it was the 3rd year mark beofe fuzzy head got lots better and only when I had the cold would it be as bad as before....

but you have to drink lots of liquid too, and not over do things all dont help with fuzzy head stuff.....

take care

Louise.x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Anne, I would say it is normal to still feel fuzzy at your early stage. I recall until my third year still having brain fog issues, where my brain felt numb. I am past four years now and I definitely feel my head and thoughts are clearer, with more improvements all the while. Obviously it depends on your state of mind and I am feeling so much more positive, focused and alert.

I would say the first three years are profoundly marked with symptoms, but if you can look positively and be pro-active in learning again, this has greatly helped.

Best Wishes,

Anya x

Hi Anne can't remember when it went away sorry but it has gone now try not to worry you will be fine it will get better with time. Jess.xxx

I still get it if I don't drink enough or eat enough though

• 1 year later...

Good morning to all! I've not posted for a while... Hope you are all doing well. I have been having a bit of a rough time with life in general. Still have quite a bit of fatigue, lots of emotional problems and not dealing well with stress. Was seeing a great therapist which was very helpful. However, my employer has changed our health insurance carrier and my therapist is not a provider for that ins. co. :( I am now also facing being let go from my current position at work - my employer has decided she must eliminate the position I am filling! It's all been very stressful and I'm not sure at this point what I am going to do. If I lose my job, I will also have no health insurance and that really scares me. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude - but it's been very hard to do so. Sorry for the whining - just having a bit of a pity party here. Please keep me in your thoughts as I trudge through the next few weeks of figuring out what I want to be when I grow up!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all each day :) And again, many thanks to all who continue to inspire us with your courageous spirits and wisdom!!!

Have a STRONG day!

Carolyn

Carolyn

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment.

That is a shock about your job :( hopefully something better is just around the corner for you.

You do not need to apologise for being down on here. We are all here for each other throughout the rollercoaster of emotions we all seem to experience. And you have reason to be feeling down. Let it all out; then pick up the pieces, dust yourself off and start all over again.

...I would love to know what I will do when I grow up...but I don't think that is gonna happen any time soon! :lol:

Take care

Kel x

Hi Carolyn....so sorry you are having such a tough time....no wonder you are feeling down.

Sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs your way. Really hope things get sorted for you. Easy to say not to stress yourself, but please take care....thinking of you...love Tina xx

Hi Carolyn

Gosh what a tough time you are having at the moment. My neuroradiologist told me that I would be less able to cope with stress because of the SAH and he's right! Sending you hugs and as Kel said, I'm sure there's something better round th corner for you.

Take care.

Hi Carolyn

Gosh what a tough time you are having at the moment. My neuroradiologist told me that I would be less able to cope with stress because of the SAH and he's right! Sending you hugs and as Kel said, I'm sure there's something better round th corner for you.

Take care.

I can confirm that as I am under a tremendous amount at the moment. At one time I could have coped but now I just keep crying and thinking I can't cope with this. Yet I have to support my daughter and grandson until their life is sorted. (abusive partner)