1 year

Janeece

My one year anniversary was October 11th, and I haven’t been on this site, in a long time. Happy to be alive. Still having a few problems, but for the most part, I feel wonderful. Anxiety, and Panic attacks are still quite often.

The last few days, been dealing with headaches and a feeling of extreme pressure in my head. Which makes me feel fatigued and tired. I feel like I need a massage inside of my head. That’s really strange to say, but I don’t know how else to explain it.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Take care of yourselves. 

• Like 9

Hey there

Congratulations on your 1st anni-versary :-) My first was the hardest to deal with and, like you, I probably felt worse that day than I had in a long time.  Possibly the anxiety and irrational thought that it was going to happen again on that same day didn't help.

I totally get the feeling of wanting the inside of your head massaging and its the perfect way to describe how it feels - I still get that feeling occasionally - especially after a busy day at work.

Thanks for popping in and telling us how you're getting on and I hope your recovery continues well xx

• Like 6

I need a head massage today...too much weather and too muchness of doing. 

Congratulations on your first popiversary  , it continues to improve. 

For reducing or living with anxiety do look at mindfulness breathing techniques and I use S.T.O.P as a way to anchor to my breath which helps me but always apply some gentle self kindness and nice words to self then when you feel anxious , 

S: Stop. Whatever you're doing, just pause momentarily.

T: Take a breath. Re-connect with your breath. The breath is an anchor to the present moment.

O: Observe. Notice what is happening. What is happening inside you, and outside of you? ... 

P: Proceed. Continue doing what you were doing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello and also many thanks for taking the time to share one year on.

Great to hear that you feel positive with life after SAH, even though you know that there are many issues that you are still trying to figure out and come to terms with.  Some perhaps improving with time, and others where you feel `is this it ?`. 

This site is a testament to continuing improvement over many years. Keep taking each day at a time.

In SAH terms one year is still early in your journey. Be patient, positive and protective of your healing brain. It will keep reminding you of your limitations.  

Wishing you well as you continue to face the challenges every day.

Subs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi,   Congratulation on your one year since your event....I am half way through my third,  the first is big...I have found it to keep getting better....feeling more like myself...My best wishes to you..

Daffodil...love your STOP....I went to a therapist who worked with me on stopping and breathing and also visualizing...it was and continues to be so useful to me...helps me feel grounded...

Jean

• Like 5

Hi Janeece,

Congratulations on your 1st anni-versary, the first year is always the toughest, things do get better with time.  I think the anxiety and panic attacks are quite normal at this point in your recovery as it is still quite early days in recovery terms.

I know what you mean too about head massage, it is as Sami said, a good way to describe it.

Try to make sure you are staying hydrated, it really does help with the headaches, i am 6 years down the recovery road and if I don't drink enough, it really does affect my head.

Well done and reaching this first milestone and good luck as you continue on your recovery journey.

Love

Michelle xx 

Daffodil, I also liked your advice using STOP, i will be putting that to good use in future. Thank you. Xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I don’t think I thanked everyone for there kind responses to my 1 year anniversary. I’m working on year 2 now. You are all wonderful people and I’m so happy to have found this site. Take care my SAH family ❤️❤️👋

• Like 4