head sensations

Hello all

I will not go on but last night if you've not alreadyh read I had a massive panic attack and my head felt really strange and very very scared x x x

I woke in the night to my head feeling funny and could'nt lift it off my pillow well it felt to heavy to x x x I did do it but was very scared so I think it was in my mind but the feelings was so strong x x x

I feel so scared but want to fight this I cant find anywhere were anyone else has felt like this x x I felt sick and shaky and felt faint I closed my eyes and my husband kept talking to me to keep me calm x x then eventually I went back to sleep x x x

I have panic attacks when in crowds and lots of noise but this was different x x x

any1 help love donna x x x

Donna

I used to get a feeling in my head that another sah person i met and they had it also. It is like water running in my skull and it felt a bit like i had spiders running inside my head. I know sounds a bit crazy but when i had this i felt so tired and lethargic. I explained it to my consultant and he said our brains do create strange sensations.

The feeling to fight this is natural however i have became a lot better since i started to take brain breaks. This will sound crazy again but i will try to explain: If i am concentrating for more than an hour or so i then take time out to do something relaxing like walk the dogs or read the paper or surf the web. This does help me get more out of a day.

I feel like i am physically getting better but my brain is still needing time out, more than my body does. My initial problem was that i wanted to return to doing what i always did before my sah. Now after some heavy discussions with my psychologist i have accepted that i need to make adjustments to my lifestyle. I at this time cannot do what i used to do and i have accepted that this is me after my sah.

I hope this makes some sense and i hope you get some answers.

Stephen

Hi Donna

You're certainly not on your own with those sorts of feelings. My head quite often feels really heavy at times and it is mostly at night more especially so if I'm overtired.

I also do still get anxiety attacks but not as bad as the one you had. I'm on my own most nights and when its really bad I have to read myself to sleep to take my mind off the feelings of panic.

Like Stephen I try to find other things to do too much concentration on any one thing has always made my head muzzy and sore.

Janet x

Hi Donna :-D

You are not alone as Janet and Stephen have said....i cant add much more, apart from keep positive and keep smiling....thank God for this website and all the wonderful friends on here that understand what we are going through.

Take care my friend

Love Tina xx

Hi Donna

Like the others already have said, you are not alone. Many times I have such episodes and I had to keep them to myself, it's not always easy to explain exactly what we go through in the fear that family and friends will get tired of you saying that you are not well.

You have come a long way and you have so much to look forward to just focus on that and you know that you can always get advice here. Take care.

Myra xx

Guest mollie

I also have strange sensations in my head. I can only describe it as like a mild electric shock and pins and needles then shoot down to my fingertips. This time I have had it all week. but seems to have stabilised today. When its happening my head feels wobbly and i feel faint. Its as if a connection has gone then come back if that makes sense. When they subside it usually leaves me with a massive headache, worse than the normal ones we get. It must be an after effect of whats happened to us or maybe even a healing process. Who knows. I am 2 years in now and its still happening. Try not to worry too much about it and mention it to your neurobloke next time you are at the hospital...............I always mean to but forget......lol

Keep the faith

Mollie xx

Guest ElaineW

Hi Donna

Mum gets a constant, daily funny pain in her head which she says she cannot describe. Sometimes it is a fleeting pain but other days it is with her constantly. I can appreciate how worrying it must be though as I do get concerned some times for mum. She also finds crowds or people talking all at once hard to deal with and does not like anything being taken up and over her head.

Elaine

Guest mollie

\I had palpitations along side my "jelly head thing" whilst it was happening i rang the doc then i got admitted The palpitations stopped eventually but the sensations in my head stayed for almost a week. I'm not sure if I had a panic attack or not as i don't think I have ever suffered one before.

I can sympathise about the crowds of people etc. 2 years down the line and i am still the same. It sounds like blades rubbing against each other in my ears........very weird

Mollie xx

Hi there

Yes your not alone in this......but Donna all these feelings you've been experiencing could be because your doing too much, ok its not me going on my soap box again but when I do too much my body Yells at me 'stop' & I dont work, I havent a young child to look after......

but I find that much worse when tired and or stressed.....

take care

Louise.xx

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just to say what a relief it is to read of everyone else's experiences regarding funny head sensations. Without this wonderful support web site I would think I was heading for the 'funny farm!'.

Since my non aneurysm SAH June 2010 I have experienced the 'heart beat pumping in my head' sensation. Also a tickling scalp which makes me want to scratch my head as if I had lice! The problems are worse at night when I lay down to sleep, all kinds of noises in my ears which stop me from drifting off to sleep.

Thank you to all you fellow sufferers who have shared your problems, you have made me more capable of dealing with these day to day problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Just to say what a relief it is to read of everyone else's experiences regarding funny head sensations. Without this wonderful support web site I would think I was heading for the 'funny farm!'.

Since my non aneurysm SAH June 2010 I have experienced the 'heart beat pumping in my head' sensation. Also a tickling scalp which makes me want to scratch my head as if I had lice! The problems are worse at night when I lay down to sleep, all kinds of noises in my ears which stop me from drifting off to sleep.

Thank you to all you fellow sufferers who have shared your problems, you have made me more capable of dealing with these day to day problems.

I to have the heart beat pumping in my head, it happens most at night but can happen in the day, i too had my SAH in June 2010. I have burning feelings and pressure in the head to, i suffer with panic attacks too.

If you are worried about it speak with the doctor. it will put your mind at rest.

I would too! It helps to know you are not alone, but you do need to bring it up with your GP. Have you tried meditation? I do that as well as the "brain breaks" and I'm finally (one year on) learning to take it easy. Smile!

(Edited to add I used to have panic attacks as a teen, so I know how awful and real it can feel, but hubby did the right thing to speak calmly to you. I have learned to "talk myself down off the ledge" as it were over the years. Just last week when I had that awful stomach bug, I was vomiting so much it took me right back to last year and I had to keep reminding myself "you haven't got a headache, or a stiff neck, or photophobia - it's just a bug". Take care)