Tired and not quite the same

Hi all,

I don’t often pop in as it brings it all back to me , my SAH was in 2017 but to this day I’ve never quite felt the same . I get tired easier I don’t seem to have same energy levels and my mood is low a lot of the time and I cry at the slightest thing . Every night before I go to sleep I worry I will have another ruptured aneurysm. Is this normal after 4 years .

Hi Rosie :) its good to see you posting, welcome back.

So sorry you are feeling low and tearful, sending you big hugs. I think with all thats happened in the last year it could have also just heightened how you are feeling. I still get very tired and that has not changed in over 12 years.  Have my good and bad days too.

Have you been to see your GP recently? Have you tried talking to someone about the way you are feeling? My GP arranged for me to have some counselling when i was struggling. I found it very helpful to talk to someone removed from family and friends.

My Neurosurgeon said i should try and stop worrying about it all happening again as i was more likely to get run over by a bus. I try to concentrate on living my life, i feel so grateful to have survived. Try not to worry, easy to say i know xx

We are always here for you.

Take care 

Tina xx  

Hi Rosie

The best thing you've done is open up! I completely understand that you want to avoid discussing what's happened, it's personal, it's yours. I had a real problem discussing it when I had a stroke but eventually realised that talking about it was the best thing I could have done!

Being totally honest Rosie , it is people like you who inspire me. You are prepared to come onto a public forum and express your true feelings; that's amazing, well done you!. The best thing we can do is talk about what's happened. I wish you the very very best and hope you take the advice/help you'll find here.

Hi Rosie,

My doctors told me to live my life... I laughed in my head when it was said ....I am coming up on 4 years...I don't think about it as much especially this last year and truth I didn't ever think I could stop being worried about it.  Time seemed to lessen it for me. 

I agree with Tina about this year making things harder.  It can be hard to understand all the things that contribute to how we feel.  I did some counseling about a year ago and I did find it helpful I am glad I went. 

I hope my words are helpful in some way to you...We are all here for you.

xx

jean

Hi Rosie

I'm 15 years in this year and every bad headache has me in a panic.  My energy levels are nowhere near what they were, but I also put this down to being 15years older.  However, even in the first few years after, I tired more easily than I did before and would often need a snooze on the sofa. 

Trying not to worry is easier said than done, but also helps a lot.  Don't compare yourself to to pre-SAH, compare yourself after it and now - only then can you see how far you have truly come xxx

Hi Rosie

You should get intouch with Gp and see about councelling - Headway is a great one...

And like Tina, I was told by GP 'you could walk out of here now, get hit by a bus (must be a theme they use:wink1:) your clips wouldnt have moved, you wouldnt have had another bleed but the bus would have gotcha...

from that moment I thought why am I worrying  was a wake up call really...

But do seek councelling its a great help...

take care

Hi Rosie

I can empathise with you totally. I don't feel the same person I was pre bleed. So much has changed for me and I too have struggled with low mood. Please go to speak to your GP and either try and get some talking therapy or anti-anxiety meds. Hopefully one of those will help.

I must admit the fear of it happening again has never really bothered me but I can appreciate that for some it must be a constant concern. Take comfort from the advice that the neurosurgeons give - that you have a far greater chance of having a road accident. 

Take care, Clare xx

Archived