Flu Jab

Andi

Hi,

This is a Mr Angry letter, About the Drs i went to on Saturday, I went in for my Flu jab as I have done for the past 6 years, The Nurse called my name i went in sat down and asked her may i have it in my right arm as i have had a TIA that effected my left hand side esp' the left arm. " We only do the left arm here " i thought she was Joking but the Stern Nurse wasnt, i asked again please as i dont want to panic if i feel bad on that side, She then said you have only had a small stroke nothing that this has got in it will effect it, Dont worry she said....By now i was getting a tad fed up, Look all i want is for you to stick it in my right arm please, i said , i think she saw the fear of god in my face and said i wouldnt have done this normally but i will. Thank god for that, Im glad she did as im really bruissed on my arm now think she stabed me rather than just be a little gentle,

Is there any reason why she didnt want to do my right arm? I wanted to ask her but, there were so many people waiting for thiers i thought i had better go.

Grrrr i was so Angry when i came out of there, Stress who needs it eh LOL

All happy now and all protected for another year, I think .......:wink:

Thank you for reading my Mr Angry Experience. xx

I can't imagine it would make any difference at all what arm is used! How rude!!!! (You have more patience than I do!)

suse

Edited by Karen
Posting Rule No 7 - Violation - Font/Colour text not allowed on the Medical forums.

Yes how rude.

I always ask they take blook from my left arm oppisate to you Andi, anyway first time in the old surgery they said why I explained oh if you must she said...but in this place where I am now, (we moved house & town) they were more than happy, and she lets me put a pillow under my arm to make it more comfy.....

Hi Andi

They always take blood from my left and thats the naff one...i can't remember which arm for flu jab though...note to self will try and remember ...thats if i remember to go and have it done..hee hee.

Hope you're arms not too sore now.

Love luck and laughter

Michelle c

Hi Donna I have to have the flu jab but that is because I have C.O.P.D and Asthma. Its normally people in high risk health groups heart disease, diabetes etc.

Andi sounds like a really stressful visit glad she finally did as you asked though.

Well, I've just had a letter from my GP's surgery asking me to make an appointment for a flu jab and a swine flu jab. Apparently, I'm "at risk" :shocked: News to me! I don't really want either of them neither the jabs nor the infections that they are supposed to prevent. I don't consider that I'm at any more risk than anyone else, so why should I have them? What do you think?

Anyway, I've had Man Flu. What could be worse than that? ;)

one thing to consider the vaccine is a live vaccine therefore anyone with an impaired immune system which most sah survivors are should think very clearly as they are introducing a live virus into your system i know some people are at risk of a normal cold virus but it to me and its only a personal view why do they have to keep giving injections for everything when i was a child we were never given medication unless it was urgent allowing ones own body defences to fight the infection now days everyone wants injections for anything is this why so many people are becoming ill or paranoid sorry . if you are at risk and you are happy then its not a problem you know your own body

As far as I can find out from the NHS websites, both the seasonal flu vaccine and the swine flu vaccine contain no live viruses.

I'm not so sure that I am "at risk" as I have no serious medical condition. Maybe just because I've had a couple of CVAs, then it's standard procedure to put me in the "at risk" group. I'm still debating whether to have the jabs or not.

This is interesting, because before all the swine flu stuff came about I though early this year to get the flu jab I was told I didnt need it, however after having flu a lot the last two years I thought if it makes it a tad easier.....on me the bout I had feb I didnt feel completly recovered for about 3mths.....:roll:

But didnt know it was a live virus:crazy:need to find out about that before I think.....