Swine Flu Jab

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone has had the swine flu jab. I have had a message left on my answerphone to get in touch with the doctors about whether I want the jab or not.

Simon rang them and he booked his appt cos he has no spleen so nothing to fight infection but forgot to ask about mine :roll: Typical man hey! :lol:

Will ring them Monday but just wondered what everyone else had heard.

Thanks

Lx

I asked my GP about it, as my Macmillan nurse said i should....he said i did not need it.....i have had a very bad cold in the past, but very rarely, and never had flu where you end up in bed.....so fingers crossed i wont catch it now :-D xx :roll:

Hi

I've had both flu jabs, ordinary and swine and am OK. I did have a cough after the swine flu jab but I don't think it had any connection. I believe you are entitled to a swine flu jab if there is someone else in the home who is at risk. My wife Barbara has also had it as she's asthmatic and she seems OK to. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule so its down to personal choice but there have been quite a few people seriously ill in my area so I didn't hesitate.

Cheers

John

Hi

I got a letter from my GP's surgery saying that I'm in the "at risk" group and should have the swine flu jab. I've put on an appointment to get it on Thursday. I think it must be due to my having a SAH though I've not been called for ordinary flu jabs.

I've only had one cold/upper respiratory tract infection since my SAH and it did seem to take a lot more out of me than usual.

Best

Anne

:cool: Good Morning i have just had the swine flu jab last weds,i was strongly advised to have it,and i know some people are not wanting the vaccine.

I will say i did hav a bit of reaction to the jab my arm became very sore and could not move much plus i was a bit feverish, but this has now passed, i was ok with the seasonal jab. paulg

I asked my GP about it last week and he said "If you were my Dad, I would say definitely have it" Yes, he's quite a bit younger than me! I went for a CVA/Stroke check-up this morning and was given the opportunity to have both the normal flu jab and the swine flu jab there and then ... I declined the offer.

Well I ain't even been offered it :lol: think Shayne should of been will talk to the dr his breathing isn't right. Oh well think we have all had the actual flu anyway we were all really poorly my dr saw me and said oh it looks like it could be that flu but never took the kids to the drs or anything, Garry was in bed and couldn't get out of it though. Jess.xxx