Coiling help

My 2 sets of hospital notes went missing when I went in for an angio they were there in the morning and when I was ready to leave they'd varnished and they wouldnt let me out......

take care, keep resting and it'll get easier....hugs.xx

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Saffy

You sound as though you are doing well. My vision is very blurred in the morning, it takes about an hour for it to clear. I have spoken to my optician and GP but got no real answers. Just the usual "well I can't see anything wrong"! So I just put up with it. So long as they tell me there's nothing wrong, that's fine with me! I wear reading glasses and now have wear them more often and I do have to increase the zoom level on the computer to read it comfortably, yet my acutal vision hasn't changed since October 2008!

Your family sound lovely and good luck to your hubby! It doesn't matter how they do it, it's the fact that they care enough to try!

HI Everyone.......well im up and dressed...first time dressed as havnt felt like it before to-day...now full of cold yuk....but doing ok.....doing a bit of cooking but not pushing it...i really cant believe how this op has left me so weary....was told over 5 hrs is a long op...but still dont understand why its left me like this......but at least its done....managing the 3 ltrs of water but hate it....is this much drinking forever or just for a few weeks....well im trying to find the energy to write my letter to the hospital about my notes...that is one thing im not letting go....i praise the medical staff but loosing my life notes ....im livid...whoops just reread what ive wrote....im moaning arent i...im lucky ive had the op and got through it...truthfully im glad it was found as it was a pure fluke....hope you are all well take care love saffy xxxx

Hi Saffy

So glad you're doing so well. I find I still drink a lot of water, I find it helps keep the headaches away. Remember your body is still healing and you will find things getting a little better each day, it's very small steps. I was told that when your brain is healing it will sap the energy from everywhere else in order to do this, so the fatigue is your signal to rest up!

Take care.

Hi Saffy,

It can take you a few weeks to get over having a general anaesthetic ... do what you can and take some regular breaks, even if it is just putting your feet up. I'm sure that you will eventually get there and try not to get too stressed..... xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.. thought id let you know how things are going...ive been doing ok.....my blurry eyes have gone ok now thank goodness.....i still get a bit of slurry speech but only when im really tired....but ive got to ask...i havnt had a sah as you know just had anuerysm coiled....its 7 weeks to-morrow since i had it done.....but why do i get so tired....on sunday my energy just drained and ive spent two days in bed...with the tears ....i think maybe ive done to much....to-day im feeling better...im not sure if any of you are like me and just had coiling...i can understand how being tired ect when your getting over a sah..(in truth it must be hell) im going to see my gp to-morrow...she is and has been wonderful throughout this...but she didnt know what coiling was lol so not much hope of telling me about the aftereffects...im still waiting for my hospital app/ment..rang an hour ago....was told they would ring me back to-day...but cant see it now.....im really amazed at the lack of aftercare you get...i got in touch with PAL about my lost files...no luck as yet....anyway hope you all are doing ok...take care love Saffy xxx

Hi Saffy

I think the way your feeling is quite normal after having undergone a coiling procedure. It takes quite a while for your brain to recover from the procedure it has endured. Try to be kind to yourself and I know how hard it is but listen to your body and rest as often as you need to......plenty of fluids also helps. Hope you feel better soon take care.

Hi Saffy

Janet's right, remember you have had a major operation on your brain and it has to heal. I was told that when the brain is healing it takes energy away from everywhere else and that's why we need so much sleep!So when you feel your energy draining then remember it's your brain healing and it will get better. Also remember you had all the stress of waiting (and waiting) for your op and this will have exhausted you too. So be kind to yourself and give in to the fatigue and rest. Make sure your drinking plenty of fluids, if you get dehidrated you will get tired and headachey.

Take care.

Hiya..i hope this isn't inappropriate but my mother underwent a coiling today after suffering a sub arachnoid haemorrhage yesterday. I'm feeling very worried and scared and i've just stumbled onto this forum and it seems like a great resource for for anyone who has suffered this or known those who have.

I don't really know what else to do and this is a bit rambly and brief as i'm rather confused but i wish everyone all the best and i'm looking forward to reading more on here from all of you. Some pretty amazing people on here and good luck to everyone...Ash.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone......quite awhile since i was here......ive not been doing to well....trying not to do to much but taking my grand dog (daughters dog lol)for a tiny little walk was still to much...ended in bed for a couple of days...so feeling so tired brought on the tears...so am feeling very down at the moment...very fed up...bored out of my tree...thats main reason ive not posted im so negative....i'll not depress you anymore...hope all of you are doing well...take care ..love Saffy xxx

Hi Saffy

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. You need to give yourself time to heal and try not to over-do it. If walking the dog is too much, maybe try every other day to do a short walk. I know it is hard to know what not to do though.

Rest up and do not worry about being down, we are all here for each other through the peaks and troughs of recovery!

Do you keep a diary? It can be good to write down how you are feeling to get it out and free it from the mind a little.

Hope you are feeling better again soon

Take care

Kel x