Coiling help

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi thank you all for your messages....yes Di and Karen you were right...two bleeds admitted but i am on standby....am waiting for them to ring back ...so yes its nice to think my space could have saved a life....but selfishly i want mine done before mine ends up as one of them..thats being human i think...will let you know news as i get it ....love saffy xxx

well my latest news after crying buckets is 17th may...cant get me in sooner they said as they need a long spot for my op with it being quite a big aneurysm...which scares me more...they have made a note that ive been cancelled once...but will still depend on any emergencys...i was on antidepressants after my son died but weaned myself of them this last year...but the state im in at the moment ..my daughter thinks i should go back on them...so any advice as ive got some in the med cupboard as it was me took myself of them not dr..with all this ive gone 2 weeks not smoking and i really dont want to go back smoking...i feel so down any help will be gratefully accepted...love saffy xx

Saffy your daughter is possibly right but go to see your GP first and get his advice. He may give you something milder to get you through this stressful time.

It is unerving to be cancelled but you will get there in the end.

Well done with the smoking, I wish I had your willpower.

Saffy - don't be embarrassed or unwilling to try anti-depressants. They really can help. I have suffered from reactive depression in the past and the pills helped me to take a step back and to get on with my life. If the pills you have aren't right for you, see GP again and ask for a different one. They will help you hang in there until 17th May. Hugs!

Hi Saffy, i think if you were'nt worried that would be unusual, it just over a week a way and you've waited quite a while now, it will soon go.

It is a very frustating time just wondering if you get to the date and they have to cancel because of an emergency, which shows they feel yours is ok at the moment,but hang in there and if you feel you need something to help see the gp and get something for it, keep off the cigaretts they are harder to give up and you are doing so well with that, Good luck Rod

Hi Staffy

sorry late on this, its always a thing about the bed thing as there arnt that many in HDU, & there has to be enough staff too, and if an emergancy comes in well.

Re- the anti-depressants I'd go to the GP, and not use the onces you have in the house...

wishing you well and hope to hear from you when your up to it....

take care, hugs

Hi Saffy

I've just been reading through your posts and I really hope you get your coiling as planned this time.

I had my SAH in Oct 2004 and had the aneurysm coiled. I have a second aneurysm that is being monitored annually and if they ever suggest coiling this one too, I won't hesitate to have it done.

On your first post you mentioned trigeminal neuralgia. I have suffered with trigeminal neuralgia since my SAH so I can sympathise with you on how painful it can be.

I'm sending you a big hug.

Take care.

Kim

X

Hi Everyone.....thank you for your messages......i went to my gp and she gave me a few tranx...but so far i havnt used them....i seem to have calmed down....i think i was so shattered about my cancellation i really lost it.....but im back to a week to go lol i hope....still not smoking ...that is getting easier...i have one of those electronic ciggies and ive got to admit they are great....i was on 20plus ciggies a day...so if anyone is serious about giving up i recommend this way of doing it....hope you are all feeling ok...take care ...love saffy xx

Hi Saffy

So sorry it was cancelled and not surprised you lost it but your sounding positive! Well done on still not smoking. My brother in law used one those electronic ciggies! He also swears by it, it's the way it lights up at the end that got me, lol! Since my SAH the few people I knew that smoked have given up, so that's another positive thing from my SAH! I'll have everything crossed for you in the hope it's not cancelled again.

Take care.

Liz xx

Hi....I have to ring hospital to-morrow afternoon to see if they have a bed for me......so hopefully the next time i come on here will be to say ive had my coiling done....i just wish my stomach would calm down.....going out for a meal with my family just hope i can stay calm as the thoughts in my head are a bit scary, as i must admit i am terrified..so please keep your fingers crossed for me and hope to speak to you all soon...love saffy xxxxx

If you are still online, Saffy, I just wanted to say that I hope they don't let you down again tomorrow and that you will go in this time. I know all the waiting and the anxiety is awful and looking back that is probably the worst part of the whole experience. I so hope you don't have to go through anymore waiting - I look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it - will be thinking of you.

Sending you a very big hug,

Sarah.

Hi Everyone....just a quicky...am home and coiled...butso tired...willlet you know details when i feel more up to it...ive been told i have £40 thousand pounds in my head ...10 coils £4000 each...love saffy xxxx