Marmite ..... love it or hate it?

Sounds like absolute heaven Sami, eggy bread with Marmite and Tomato ketchup ... all of my favourite things! :biggrin: ...will give it a try! x

Paul, I had a poached egg on Marmite toast this morning ... lovely! .... x

Forgot to say Sami, that Im a great fan of Marmite crisps and can't understand why they've stopped making them!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you lot,

Hey Karen Sami and any marmite lovers YAK but anyway have you seen its on tv tonight on channel5 at 6.30 How do they do it?...Robert Llewellyn pokes his nose into the national delicacy that is MARMITE YAK,.......there done it .enjoy it i am now off to be sick:lol::wink:.

Michelle x

I hate the taste of Marmite. As I child I hounded my poor mother into buying it for me and then I cried when I tasted it! It's foul. Even the smell makes me feel sick ... but then I do love smooth peanut butter.

No accounting for taste is there???

Well I am going to pit a spanner in the works. Down under here we have Vegemite. It is like Marmite but even better yum yum. Definitely Vegemite with cheese on toast. It is great for mouth ulcers too. :thumbsup:

But I am bit biased as my Dad managed the factory where they made Vegemite and we grew up on it as kids.

Edited by DebbieMcKenzie
spelling

ooooh debbie how could he yuck

some one gave me some in a sandwich when i was there in 66 at woomara YUCK IT was orrible made me sick and yes i did run for the hills and there isn't that many out there please give me mercy give me a nice bacon butty please

and keith what is it with you and marmite yuck lol

thats it im off to hide

Hey Zoe

Glad that our silliness has put a smile on your face. Thats one of the many great things about this site - we have a laugh and a giggle too. Laughter is definitely the best medicine. :lol:

Paul you can have your bacon sarnie hun - wonder what its like with marmite on :biggrin:

Debbie, I've tried Vegemite and think that it's a lot stronger than Marmite (they did sell it in the UK for a while, but haven't seen it lately) .... so, all praise to you!:lol: Will have to try it with some bacon and cheese.... in the morning...:wink:

I really can't believe that the thread that I started, is now going onto it's fifth page! :lol:

Well, I love Marmite .... in any shape and form .... if it helps my brain, then it's an added bonus.... :biggrin: Thanks for the recipe suggestions guy's ... I'm enjoying them all... xx