Daily Mail article - Blurred vision woman on the brink of death saved ..

Daily Mail article titled - "Blurred vision woman on the brink of death saved after optician spots huge brain aneurysm"

A routine eye test saved the life of a mother-of-four after an optician discovered a huge aneurysm on her brain.

Lisa Walmsley, from Southport, Merseyside, had suffered from blurred vision which was being triggered by the aneurysm.......

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1274362/Blurred-vision-woman-brink-death-saved-optician-spots-huge-brain-aneurysm.html#ixzz0nbLRNHyF

What a story! What huge aneurysm but so glad she is well.

I had my eyes tested 8 weeks before my SAH because I was having difficulties. But my aneurysm was on my vertebral artery. I was then asked to have them checked 5 months post SAH because of the blurred vision in the mornings. My optician told me that SAH's used to be diagnosed by them. They can not only see aneurysms but can see if there has been a bleed! He also said that they can see tumours. He now wants to see me every year. I never realised how important it is to have an eye test. I've got my children well drilled now in going every two years!

Liz

Wow, what a story!

I had my eyes tested recently and I shall make sure I get checked each year now rather than every 2 years... better safe than sorry.

Karen, Thanks for finding that story and sharing it with us.

Kel x

Wasn't that lady fortunate.

A few days after my sah (at which time it was still undiagnosed), my gp suggested I go to the optician to have a look behind my eyes - he said their equipment would be better than his, so I did. Unfortunately, my bleed was not detected, neither was either of my two anerusyms so whilst it obviously helped this lady a great deal, it was no help to me whatsoever! Whilst it is always worth getting your eyes checked regularly, I wouldn't want anyone to solely rely on this! My optician did say I looked very ill though!!

Sarah

wow, blimey how lucky was she , the walton were she had her treatment is amazing thats were mine was coiled .Mohsen Javadpour is my consultant hes really good i had them black spot things in my vision pre-sah and he said they are early warning ......just had my peepers checked there ok ish but im gonna keep up regular visits now !!!!! i wonder if the lady joins btg ????

Hi there

Me neither Sarah - had an all singing all dancing eye test too - where they apply pressure to the eye ball and took pictures of behind my eyes etc etc and didn't spot either of my annis - however did know that I'd had trouble with my right elbow and left knee lol (elbow trapped ulna nerve operated on 14 years ago and torn cruciet ligaments in left knee 19 years ago lol). Lucky lady though and pleased for her.