My head

[29-05, 17:04]*Jan53* Sorry to be a pain again, but I'm 6 mths post SAH, does anyone else get a feeling as if a vice has got the back of your head & freeze brain in the middle of the forehead.

I have not been well for the last month or so, it seems since I had my MRI & Angiogram. It started with an eye infection, then a throat infection, which came back last week. I now have an infection in the middle ear & a perforated eardrum, which has left me quite deaf. This is not related to my head problems, as that has been happening for a while.

I am hoping I can still go on my much needed holiday, 2 weeks on Wednesday.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey there

I used to get that vice like gripping sensation at the back of my head all the time up to about a year after my SAH. My neurosurgeon told me it was the blood that leaked into the brain being reabsorbed by the body. It does eventually fade, but drinking plenty of water helps it.

Sorry to hear about all the other ailments though, must be very draining physically and emotionally - sending you a get well hug (x)

Hi Sami,

Thanks for the prompt reply, that does make me feel better, as I had rang my neuro radiologist a few weeks back who said she had no ideawhat it was. I must say my support has been zero, I am not due to go and see them for my MRI & Angio results until July, 3 mths after I had them. I can only presume everything is ok. I've not been on here much, as all I seem to ask is medical questions.

Hey, I still get it unfortunately but I'm told it goes away in time... I just hope that the powers that be (the dr's lol) are right!

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your fit and healthy for when your holiday gets here!

Katie x

Thanks for all your support. You think when you've gotten over your SAH, funny heads and and the likes, your starting to feel better. To get hit with this 6 mths after is so depressing, i'm keeping my fingers crosses it does get better.

Hi Jan

I have had neck pain and stiffness in my neck, which scares me, but it's not really a vice-like sensation so at nearly 6months post-sah I hope I don't start getting something like that...

I do hope it starts easing for you. I was told my neck pain was anxiety.

Sorry to hear you have been hit with so many infections too. Not nice.

I do hope you're able to go on holiday and you have a lovely relaxing time.

Kel x

Hi Jan...yes i also did get the vice like feeling, i still get sharp pains in the back of my neck and the base of my skull. Really hope you feel better in time for your holiday...hugs to you xx

Hi Jan, hope you feel better soon. Get on that holiday, chill and relax you will feel better for it! I am 18 months on and still get the 'vice' like feeling and the back of my neck often feels bruised and aches. It's usually because I have overdone it and am tired! Oh a girls gotta have a life! It's so hard to rest all the time isn't it. Good luck Maggie x:roll:

Hi Tina,

I had forgotten about the pains in the base of my skull, I didn't mention my neck as I have spodylosis anywhere. I was more concerned about the vice like feeling. I do hope I get on holiday, as Steve and I are going to Cyprus.

I'm still deaf by the way, antibiotics don't seem to have done much. Back to the docs again tomorrow. I'm starting to think they think I'm a hyprocondiac. One doctor even said to me the week before last, back again, you must like it here.