We're going to be in the Yorkshire Post.......

A couple of weeks ago my James organised for the Yorkshire Post to visit us and do an article on what I had suffered and what he/family and friends had also gone through.He wants to make people much more aware off Haemorrhage/Stroke and that a Stroke doesn't take age into account.He want's the illness to receive much more press coverage and get rid of the stigma that the older age group are the ones that suffer a stroke.He always says Haemorrhage/Stroke is not seen as a glamorous illness like Cancer so fails to get the attention. He's not being disrespectful when he say's this at all,it's just something that really makes him very mad after going through what we all have and the lack of support we got t.My Physio told me last week that the Stroke Association gets 4 nillion a year in funding.I thought that was a good thing until she said Breast Cancer got 40 million a year in funding. Oh and he want's to plug 'Julie's Update' lol.We've got Yorkshire Evening Post coming to interview us on Thursday too.I thought they were part of the same set up with the article interview but I'm very wrong....Two seperate entities,it appears lol.So if you can get the Paper,look out for us and excuse the cheesy pictures :lol:

Julie

Sounds good! Well done James! (He is fab, where can I find a James I wonder??... :wink: )

I hope they get the message across well and do a good write up of your story, and condense it in the right way, as it is a long journey you (and your family) have been on.

If possible can you scan in a copy of the article and provide a link on here? for those of us who may not be able to get hold of a copy...

Kel x

Julie

Sounds good! Well done James! (He is fab, where can I find a James I wonder??... :wink: )

I hope they get the message across well and do a good write up of your story, and condense it in the right way, as it is a long journey you (and your family) have been on.

If possible can you scan in a copy of the article and provide a link on here? for those of us who may not be able to get hold of a copy...

Kel x

What a brill idea,James will do that.I have no idea where to get one of him,I can try clone him for you but your not having mine.:lol::lol::lol:

Don't you worry if they do a pant's job my James will be straight over there lol. He certainly doesn't stand for nonsense hee hee.

xxx

Jules you have done an amazing job and ably helped by James reporting of your progress. I look forward to reading your story and following your journey.

I could not agree more that our illness seems to be played down in terms of severity by some people.

I have found tremendous problems in convincing people that just because my Haemorrage has not affected my intellectual abilities, but my memory abilities I must be alright then. :shock:

Look forward to reading your article good look with it. :wink:

That all sounds good Jules, don't foget to let us know when it's going to be in the paper. I'm glad Karen put a link to the Yorkshire Post as I'm not sure it gets distributed this far - even though I'm only a few miles from Yorkshire! Keep up the good work, giving it a higher profile can only be good news for us all. Does all this mean we will be seeing you on Calendar/Look North next??:-D

Sarahx

:lol::lol::lol: Yes Sarah that's our plan and my personal goal is This Morning...lol. Well anything to help raise the awareness can only be a good thing can't it ? lol. This is the link of our appearance,excuse the picture of us well me...

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/Strokes-can-strike-at-any.6601068.jp

Ju xxx

Mace it's on the link Jules posted earlier & above

Thanks guy's to you all.We've just had Yorkshire EVENING Post come too,pretty much a similar interview but James managed to plug his 'Strokes can happen at any age',slogan.He managed to plug his Julie's Update website I managed to plug BTG here's hoping they mention it. The lady who interviewed us said her Editor is keen to make the awareness so that's a good bonus we've got the Post behind us.It's going to be front page in our local newspaper,Pudsey Times too,this is out a week on Saturday in the Post so i'll put the link up here again.Hopefully this will start the ball rolling on our campaign.Next stop local T.V if we can get a story on Calender or Look North News then we'll go national with our campaign :-D.James is VERY passionate about this,listening to him talk to the reporter.:-D

Aw Jules - the article is just fabulous! Well done!

I love the fact the article mentions how illnesses of this nature can present big challenges in an emotional sense and not just physically I.e. Being healthy and well one day, but dealing with disabilities the next.

I, and many others here, have been lucky in how we've escaped obvious physical difficulties and how grateful we are for that. But I am sure that others, like me, have more empathy after hearing stories here. We will never know what it is truly like to be faced with a physical disability, but perhaps we are less ignorant.

Thank you for raising awareness.