Funny head feeling

Hi,

It's been 3 years now since my SAH operation at hurstwood park hospital, I returned back to

work 7weeks after my operation as my boss would not pay me any more full sick leave which left me no choice but to struggle on with life. Life is ok but everyday I have these tingerling feelings in my head and a rush like cold water is flowing across the inside of my head and still a numb head to touch. does anyone else have this as it is driving me mad and sleeping operation side of the head is painfull. any ideas? also I lost my sense of smell but it has not come back yet! anybody else had this?.

Regards

James

Jimbo - Hi. Not had those types of problems, but I'm sure somebody here can relate. I'm 10 mo. post SAH. Still get headaches, but they are fewer and far between. Fatigue still kicks me down. I work part time right now. I do get strange little pin-point pains in certain areas of my head, and sometimes shooting pain from behind left eye down to cheek area! Even though you're 3 yrs. post, I would certainly phone your Dr. and let him/her know what's going on. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Take care,

Carolyn

Hi james welcome to btg yes i do get those feelings went to the dr with them just a couple of weeks ago. I was told it was tension, and it seems to have gone again now. It seems to come and go. If i were you i would go and see your dr, it probaby is just anxiety/tension but pop aong anyway to put your mind at rest. Jess.xxx

Hello James,

Welcome to the site. It's a very good forum. Someone can always help.

I had my SAH 16 months ago. I do have the strange fuzzy head feeling all the time, and never sleep operation side down. I havent had the cold water feeling though and as Jess suggested, I too could only recommend a visit to the doctor. Hope he can see you soon in order to give you peace of mind.

Sally x

Hi Jimbo,one of the wonderfull things about this site is that you can almost always be sure someone will have similar if not the same symptoms as you are experiencing.I have heard others talk about similar feelings as yours although I personally don't have exactly the the same.

I am 22months post op now and often get a tingly feeling running across my head and a bruised feeling around the area of my coiling as well as other little pangs now and then which are uncomfortable!

Whilst it's comforting to know you are not alone Jimbo I still think you should go and speak with your doctor just so he/she is aware and like Jess says it may be that you are experiencing extra stress or anxiety!

Hope you get the support you need.

maggie xxx

Thanks guys, it's great to know there are people out there to talk to instead of the lonely road. Yes I will book a visit to the doctor, and I think you maybe right about the stress effecting my head as I have a very tough job with everyone on my case 24/7.

Cheers

James

Hi James

I am 4 months since SAH so still quite early. I get all sorts of weird feelings in my head like tickling at the back, sometimes peircing pains shoot across and then go. I seem to get a lot of pain in one area more than others at back of neck behind left ear. Had another CT Scan 2 weeks ago which was clear so being put down to anxiety. I think it is stress and anxiety as when i get worked up i feel more strange head feelings.

Everyone on this site is very helpful and reasurring, as sometimes it can make you feel quite alone.

Im always on here ranting.

Tracy S xx

Hi James

I have not felt a cold sensation in my head, but do quite often get a burning sensation, usually in the top right hand side of my head. I called to speak to my consultant but spoke to his assistant, who told me that it is nothing to do with my aneurysm... I then spoke to a nurse on the Brain & Spine Foundation helpline who said that a lot of people who have had SAH do experience strange sensations, like water flowing across the brain etc so it is very likely it is to do with what I've had!

I was then told by my GP that it is migraine aura...

It would seem there are various symptoms/after-effects we can experience. But of course, if you are unsure and/or worried about anything then do see your GP.

Kel

Hi there! This sounds familiar as the Brain and Spine Foundation booklet mentions that SAH survivors can get that feeling of water trickling.... I don't get that, but at nearly 9 months post-op I still have a half-numb head (I had a craniotomy), soreness around the scar and a dreadful clicking noise in my skull - which stops when I gently press the bone flap! It's annoying but I don't worry about it because it was all explained in the booklet. You can find it on their website if you didn't get given it by the hospital. It's very useful to the survivor and their family too.

Take care!

Hi Jimbo

I'm nearly 2 years post annie now and like you, have weird sensations in my head, I've had the cold water thing and the tingling as though I've got ants running round in my skull! My GP tells me it's nothing to worry about, all part of the weird and wonderful stuff that happens in SAH survivors heads.

If it's worrying you,then I would go and see your GP, mine has always been very understanding about odd sensations and the like,But if like me they are just a bit of an annoyance and one of the qurks that make up life post SAH, then I wouldn't worry about them.

My GP has always said "don't worry, you'll know if anything nasty happens up there, you will recognise the pain and won't be in any doubt if anything untoward is going on"

Hope you get some comfort whatever you decide to do

Hi Jimbo

Welcome to the site. I'm nearly 4 years on now and do still get the tingling sensation I unfortunately was left with what appears to be permanent neuropathic pain possibly a trapped nerve. I do find it uncomfortable sleeping on my left side and usually end up waking up during the night in pain and having to turn over. I agree with the others anxiety does seem to make things worse but after what we've all been through I suppose we tend to worry more especially if we have a few bad days.

Hi Jimbo, a very warm welcome to BTG :) I am nearly 3 years on and still cant sleep on my right side where i had my craniotomy, i can feel the screws on the side of my head and cheek bone. I dont have the rushing water feeling, more like someone is really pinching my face and forehead really hard. It is a deep pain. My right eye brow is still paralysed. I am having bad pains at the moment...it always gets worse when tired or stressed. I asked my Neuro surgeon and he said it was nerve pain. Something i will probably always have. I also find it worse when the weather turns cold. It does sound like you have a very stressful job, and agree with Janet and the others, anxiety does seem to make things worse. Take care Tina xx

Hi Jimbo

Warm welcome to the site.

I was told that the sensations I was having was things repairing....

I know you said you had to go back to work early but wow 7wks definatly didnt give yourself time to heal.

But yep if your worried speak with your GP....

take care