whooshing in ear

Hi

Does anyone else have a type of whooshing sound in their ear. I usually get it at night in my right ear, like i can hear the blood whooshing through. I also get the heartbeat pulse noise, like i can hear my every beat in my head. Hoping its just my anxiety again. Anyone have anything similar.

Traci S xxx

Oh, I used to get that quite frequently during the first few months but it lessened over time. It possibly lessened after I had had counselling and started to work through the anxiety I experienced for many months.

I also seem to produce more earwax every now and again too... only noticed it more recently though.

Kel

I am glad this has been raised.

Around two weeks ago, I heard the 'seashell' noise that Louise speaks of. It occurred on two separate occasions and I even looked around in search of the noise, but concluded it was internal.

The difficult thing after SAH, is that we can react to any sensation and it is difficult for us to know what to react to and what to ignore.

I still don't know how to approach this with a proper balance.

I have noticed a numbness/ weakness in my right arm today and as I write this can sense a difference in the fingertips in my right hand..

I feel that after SAH we are in a heightened state of anxiety and it is very confusing.

Lynne

Yes I do, its sort of like when you used to listen to the sea through the seashell.....

since the SAH I find that I produce much more ear wax than before so I use a wax desolver that seem to cure it

Strange screen said this hadnt sent oops!

Hi when Merrill had her sah it left her requiring hearing aids and i remember during the time docs spent looking at her hearing someone mentioned that if your blood pressure goes up a little you will sometimes get a gushing sound in your ears, it might be worth just getting your blood pressure checked out Best wishes Rod

I get the whooshing sound occasionally still. Also can hear, feel heart beating-pulsations at times. For me, it is when I'm feeling anxious or having trouble sleeping. And yes, I feel a heightened awareness of physical things and anxiety kicks in. It's hard to differentiate at times whether it's anxiety or something that might need medical attention. I think this must be normal reaction for many of us. Hopefully as time goes on, the anxiety will lessen!!! Anti-anxiety meds have helped me with this, when I take them on regular basis.

if your blood pressure goes up a little you will sometimes get a gushing sound in your ears, it might be worth just getting your blood pressure checked out Best wishes Rod

This strikes a chord with me.

My blood pressure is presently high. Maybe it's symptomatic of that.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Lynne

Tracy, I have the same and mentioned it to the Doc at a routine appointment a long time ago and it's something that you need to get checked out with your Doc. I was then referred on to a Consultant at my local hospital for further investigation. I was told that mine was Pulsatile Tinnitus related to blood flow.

Good morning!

Traci, I have ringing in my ears and more wax than before. Weird. When I came home from hospital for 2-3 weeks I had acutely sensitive hearing. I could hear the glasses in the cupboard touching each other. The dog barking and husband coughing were so loud. One day when Peter was vacuuming I couldn't stand it and went outside in the cold with no coat cuz I had to escape. He didn't know, I waited it out and still had my hands over my ears outside.

I don't remember whooshing but thanks for posting cuz now I'm prepared for it!!!!

Sandi K.

Guy's if you're experiencing something like Pulsatile Tinnitus or a whooshing sound in your ears, then you do need to go and get yourself checked out .... I can't re-iterate enough, that even though it seems to be something that a few of us experience after a brain injury, that it does need investigating and none of us on here are qualified to offer medical advice.

I was given a MRA scan during my investigation into this matter and nothing untoward or new showed up ..... I have an uncoiled aneurysm neck and also an artery on my left side that is slightly abnormal or funnel shaped, which may or may not, develop into an aneurysm.

It's good to be able to normalise recovery on here, to a degree, but please remember that the safest thing that you can do, is to go and seek professional medical help, get tested and keep yourself well, especially if you're living with untreated aneurysms etc. xx

Hiya Tracy,

I too hear the heart beating have done for months now, but ive noticed lately is that it is when im very tired or cant sleep or worried about somthing, like being able to work the next day or stressed about sleeping, as i still hate going to ed each night to sleep, i think i feel like im not going to wake up or if i i sleep somthing will happen. I've bn much better since going to counselling but it does still bother me. As for the ear thing that is one thing i dont get. Hope it all improves for you soon, no your not alone in all this we are all together in this;-)

Take care RHiann xxx