Hello all,

I'ts me again and I'm not bragging this time I've had a little set back yes I did overdo it but luckily I got warning signals early and have slowed down the pace, it's funny that you feel so good you must be doing everything right, but no it's too early 1 year on I've got a lot to learn, I fully intend to get back on this horse but slower this time. Now what I'd like to ask is, if anyone here has experience with shunts and do they carry anything to identify that they have one? in case something goes wrong and you are unable to communicate at the time. Any help here I would be most grateful for, thanks.

All the very best to you all.

lots of love

Diane xxx

Hi there now I haven't got a shunt but I know a few here have but do you know I am from wolverhampton and I to would like a card to carry around with me just in case I cannot speak ever to tell them about the 2 clips in my head I know a few who have been given cards but where do you get them from, that I do not know either.

Well I wouldn't worry to much about the setback you are still quite early on, I would just sit down and relax. Jess.xxx

Hi Diane,

Really sorry to hear that things aren't so good with you at the minute ...... yes, one year on is still quite early days in recovery terms. No, I don't have a shunt, but I do have my medical details in a tiny notebook that I carry around with me (well, most of the time!) I know that you can buy SOS Talisman bracelets and necklaces etc.

Hope that things improve for you soon....xx

Hi Diane

Really sorry to hear you have had a setback, it seems we take a major step forward and then have to step back again.After reading of your exploits I went swimming and slowly built up over a couple of weeks but have done too much and back to square one again this week!!

One thing I have seen is a "medictag" which is a little USB device with all your info on it which seems good for if you are ever taken to hospital. Just google and you will get it srtaight away including an Australian ordering service.Obviously there is also medicalert but that seems a bit expensive but is world wide and recognised everywhere.

Good luck

Ann

Hi Diane

Sorry you have had a set back, sometimes we just want to run before we can walk and it is so frustrating, I know how you feel. I hope you are feeling better, take care

Love Tinaxx

PS I have just ordered one of the brain injury survivor cards that Vivian was talking about, I must admit I was worried in case I could not speak and not with anyone,to say that I have a clip and metal plate and screws in my head. What a good idea :)

Hi Diane

Sorry to have you have had a setback. I don't unfortunately know in Australia about cards etc but Vivien yes I agree I have one of those headway cards with my name etc on that I carry around in my puse so if anything did happen they would know I was a brain injury survivor.

Sorry I can't be more help

Laura

xx

Thanks Karen and everybody who replied re my querie regarding the shunt you have all been most helpful I have googled Australian sites and come up with two options the USB or Medic Alert so I will go ahead and order one or the other. I think I prefer the Medic Alert for the fact that it is recognised anywhere in the world. Anyhow thanks you have given me a starting point.

I wish you and your families all the very best.

Take care

lots of love

Diane xx

Hi there

bit late in the discussion but yes I have a shunt (or 2) I have a card that I carry in my purse from Headway its like an ATM card.

Also I wear a SOS tag which holds all the relevent info inside it....

Sorry to hear about your set back, yes even a year is early....take care.....sending hugs

Louise.xxx