Can’t remember dreams

Yes Sallios, I too don’t remember dreams. Have noticed that for the last few years.

I also don’t remember what I have read if I read a book in bed at night. Takes me ages to get through a novel nowadays. 

Clare xx

Sally, I also couldn't remember dreams in the first few years, after the SAH .... I do now and had my SAH in 2005.

It does get better and perhaps it's the brain healing itself and giving you a much needed rest. x

My dreams are an odd mix now, I know that I have vivid dreams pretty much every night because I wake up with the sense of them, and I know they must be vivid (and I'm guessing probably distressing) because of how emotional I feel on waking but I can never actually remember what has happened in them. I wish more of them left happy feelings...

I had no dreams for first 8 months after SAH, I used to wake up not sure where I was or what was going on.  One day my dreams started again all of a sudden and they were incredibly lucid and vivid.  Now 4 1/2 years on I have lucid dreams when I am feeling fatigued or stressed. 

Often my dreams are spent resolving technical problems I encountered at work 15+ years ago.  I often wake with a eureka moment having found a solution to a problem that no longer exists, all very weird.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I guess it must definitely be as a result of SAH that we can’t remember dreaming. It’s just very strange after always remembering dreams in great detail to just have a complete blank. Occasionally during the day I’ll see something for example a fire extinguisher (that happened a couple of days ago) and it seems significant but I have no idea why. Maybe an extinguisher featured in a dream that I can’t remember. I’ve no idea. 

Sally 

I also lost my Dream world and then I had one and I realised I didn't miss them that much.

I used to have vivid dreams and woke up hubs telling him off ..realising I had dreamt it all.  Poor man !!

Never mind we more than likely dreamt but our short term memory wouldn't let us remember and our brain needed to shut them out!! 

It is a funny old world and all what we go through, But so glad we are all survivors though xxxx Life is good  Love to All  

Archived