New Member - Jacqui

Guest Blossomuk

Guest Blossomuk

Hey Everyone 5 weeks since SAH

I'm so relieved to have found this site .. Had my SAH 30th Jan 09, since then I have never felt so alone & terrified in my entire life, I have searched everywhere for answers!

I'm normaly a busy independant happy go lucky 38yr old single mum of two girls, working hard & playing harder!

I got my Karma that night!! I was getting ready for a girls night out, when my head popped.

I spent 5 days in neuro HDU & 2 days on neurosurgical ward, had CAT & lumbar puncture, the first hour of me arriving at James Cook Neuro unit, I didnt think it was too serious until the nurse explained everything to me after I got a bit narky.. 30% chance of survival!!!.. thats all I heard..I didnt sleep for 3 nights didnt dare was too terrified to close my eyes, I have no immediate family only my daughters 12 & 10 and that was all I could think about was them. Had the angiogram and that came back as having a bleed but no anyurisum!..

So after a week in hospital I was sent home with a sick note and a bag of paracetamols and told to rest! now Im left with the confusion, is it a good or bad thing no anyurisim? I have recieved a letter confirming an MRI scan next week.. again terrified.. morebid thoughts are back .. what if they find something else? what about my girls?

every little twinge I get or headache Im terrified, I have a fear of going to sleep as Its only me & my girls at home. so you can imagine the fear I have and with no one to talk to or no answers to my thoughts I have very dear friend who has been a rock over the last 5 weeks but she just doesnt understand how frustrated and sad I feel. I have been very down latley! Its very frustrating knowing how active I was before this happened that I cant do the things I want to do when I want to do them ( guess thats the rebel in me) feel like a very old woman! are all these things Im feeling & experiencing normal? I'm also very emotional.. cry at the slightest thing! it was the rspca advert today! lol

Im so so happy that I have now found somwhere that I can turn to when I need to, people who actualy understand what I am going through.. its a big relief.

you seem a like a fab bunch xxx

Hello and Welcome

We have quite a few members who have had non-anuerysm SAH's so you are not alone. It must be very hard for you being on your own with just the girls.

What you're feeling at the moment is quite normal and I think the majority of us suffered with anxiety which is always worse at night it will get better with time.

Try not to worry too much about the MRI it can be a little bit cramped and noisey just try to imagine yourself somewhere really nice it does help.

Try to rest as much as you can and plenty of fluids help but you will find that trying to do too much too soon does knock you back a bit so be kind to yourself.

Look forward to hearing more from you soon and can we please have a name and whereabouts your from I'm very noisey :wink:

Take care

Janet x

If you look towards the bottom of the page there is a search box just type in some keywords it will bring up posts of others who have had the same diagnosis as yourself.

Hi Blossomuk and welcome to behindthegray.

every little twinge I get or headache I'm terrified

I think we've all had that feeling in the early weeks and it's a natural reaction when something devastating like this happens. The feelings do diminish with time, it's early days.

There are some great people here who do understand what you are going through and can help with anything you need to know.

Regards

Keith

Hi Blossomuk

A very warm welcome to BTG, as Janet and Keith have already said it's normal to feel the way you do.

It's still early days and it does get better, we all have our ups and downs with our recovery but one thing is for sure we can all

relate to what you have been through and going through.

I sometimes still get nervous about twinges in my head but I try to not let it get to me.

If there is anything you need to know just post it on here and I am sure that myself or someone else will be able to answer your

questions.

I look forward hearing from you more.

Take care.

Myra xx

Guest Blossomuk

Thank you to you all for the warm welcome, I dont feel so alone anymore, the last few hours on this site has reasurred me no end.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and to Janet I'm from County Durham and my name is Jacqui .. sorry I thought it automaticly put your location on when registering.. lol

Keep Smiling guys & gals xxxxxx

Guest Beth1957

Hi Blossom, nice to meet you!

I can't really give you any advice 'cos I'm still waiting for my op, and I do have an aneurysm, but yes, it's scary :( It does something strange to your mind, knowing you've been that close to death...

I'm guessing you're not too far from me as I see you have your location as Duurham. I'm nearer South Shields but worked in Durham for nigh-on 30 years, was born & brought up in one of the old pit villages near Peterlee. So of course I recognised the name of your hospital! I'm being dealt with at Newcastle General.

Take care & take things easy, marra!

Hello Jacqui :) A big welcome, I can't add much to what the others have said except to say how right they are and that yes, fear of every little twinge of headache or feeling wobbly, any old thing really is a big part of the early days, but here we all are, I am nearly a year on, others less, others much more, and we are ready to help in any way we can. The energy levels do start to come back, that's a promise but only

if you do care for you, you are a vitally important person for your two girls so take care and keep asking, we will be here :)

Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to BTG, this is the most fantastic site for adviceand support and you will make no end of friends on here. I had an annie on my carotid artery which did burst so unfortunately I can't help really on the unruptured annie side but I will be here to offer you support and advice.

You are very early in your recovery and things do get better although I must say 2 1/2 years later there are times when I have a really bad headache etc that I think back to that dreaded day but when I look back things have definitely improved.

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi

This is a great site, loads of advice and support, mine was June 2008, it does get better albeit slowly. You will feel better after your scan. Your feelings are what most of us have gone through and still experiencing.

hope to chat sometime, take care

Caroline

Hi Jacqui and a big welcome to BTG!

Janet's advice was spot on. My SAH was over 4 years ago, and I can honestly say that the feelings you have will diminish over time. This site is definitely the place to be for a bit of reassurance - everyone here knows what it's like, and we're all here to help :)

Lots of love and luck to you, take good care

Blondie x

Hi Jacqui :D:D A very warm welcome to you...this site has been a God send to me....so glad you have found it. You will find lots of help and support here as the others have already said.....you are not alone. Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care Love Tina xx

Guest ElaineW

Hello Jacqui and a warm welcome. I am a carer and have found the help from this amazing people on this site second to none and I am sure you will find the same. I think the most important hting to realise is that everyone's recovery time is different so just take each day as it comes. My mum had hers 9 months, again survival chances were very small but she has done so well and I am so proud of her and your chldren will be the same. Take Care and as others will say, rest when you need to.

Elaine

Hi Jacqui

A warm welcome to the site.

Everyone's said it all really, you are early on, and it really gets better, and you are by no means alone in the way you feel.....

hope to hear from you again soon.

take care

Louise.x

Hi Jacqui

Welcome to the family, as everyone has said we are here to help and support you in any way we can. I had my SAH nov 07 and recoiled in sept 08 and still have up and down days, head pains etc.

Its very early days rest up and listen to your body, hard i know sometimes and take each day as it comes, take care.

Hopefully chat one day, keep posting.

Love luck and laughter

Michellecxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi welcome to BTG sorry you have to be here, yes everything you are feeling is normal try not to worry if no aneurysm has been found you are as safe as the ones who have had them operated on. Look forward to getting to know you. Jess.xxx

Guest Blossomuk

Thank you to all for the lovely warm wlecome, I feel at home already :D so far this site has enriched me with lots of answers to all theose little niggling doubts that I'm sure you all had in the beggining!

I think I am now slowly beggining to accept what has happened to me and dealing with it, hopefully with evreyones help We will mend together!

Keep Smiling people

Jac x

Hi Jacquie

Welcome, sorry I have not been on for a few days so a belated welcome!

I am like you, SAH with no aneurysm found. Mine was in January 2008 and things have improved tremendously over the past year. We are the lucky ones as the final outcome is the best scenario although the recovery is similar whatever the cause I am led to believe.We still get the dreaded fatigue, headaches, neck ache etc etc. And as we have had no surgery it is sometimes really difficult for anyone to understand why we are struggling and recovering from something that no one, not even us, can see.

Anyway, Good luck with the MRI, it is good that they are doing one, I had one at about 2 months and another recently just to rule out totally that anything had been missed, when there was no aneurysm found they like to be sure.

The road to recovery is never as simple as it may at first seem so do not push yourself, listen to your body, I thought I could beat it and would recover quickly if I pushed hard enough, it does not work like that!

Any questions (although everyone recovers at a different rate) do not hesitate to PM me at any time. I found it hard to get info on non aneurysm SAH but think I have found all I need to know now and 13 months on know there is light at the end of the tunnel (although I still get stuck in the tunnel at times!!)

Talk to you soon

Ann

Guest Blossomuk

Many thanks for that little bit of advice & encouragement Ann, we seem to be the rare bunch the non anyeurysm,..lol but its good to know that I can contact you if I needed to know anything.

Stay well, take care & keep smiling

Jac x