Follow up MRI

I had my SAH in 2015. I had an MRI after 6 months, 12 months, 2 years and 4 years. Doctor then told me he never wants to see me again ;)

So I think it varies, whether they're happy that things are stable, or low risk etc. I'm a little nervous that the doc doesn't want to see me again but I'm trying to take it as a positive sign! I'd think if they don't want to see you for another 4 years that they're happy with what they've seen over in your last scan.

All the best

Andrea

I had the same as this. 

My sah was Nov 2008 and I had MRIs annually until 2012 and then had a letter saying they didn't need to see me until 2015.  SInce then I have been back to annual scans and even had a couple of six monthly ones along the way.

To me that 3 year break was bliss, annual ones come round to quick and I seem to always have delays in getting my results.  This year's MRI was on 11th April, which eventually led to an angiogram on 24th October and to cut a long story short I'm still waiting for written confirmation of their final decision as to whether I need have further treatment.  

Sarah

My SAH was June 2014, had follow up scan November 2014 the 2015, had another 2016 and his secretary phoned me to say he was very happy with my scan as everything was stable so he wouldn't need to see me again and I wouldn't need anymore scans.

She did say that if I had any concerns or was worried about anything that I just had to call her and they would make an appointment to see me.

It did feel like a bit of a double edged sword at the time, relieved that all was ok but worried that no one was looking after my head.

My SAH was 2 years 8 months ago...I also had severe vasospasm  3 days later...I was followed for 1 year and then asked if I felt like I needed to see them again....I was trying my best to be the best I could and said no I am good...I do regret it...would have liked to be seen again...oh yes was only given an MRI on my way home from the hospital after rehab...I am in the USA so perhaps our methods of follow up are different...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also in the USA. Following my SAH due to a ruptured aneurysm in 2008, I had a cerebral angiogram prior to release from the hospital. This procedure was repeated at years 1 and 2. After that, I had annual CTA scans for the next three years.  I continued consultations with a neurologist until a few years ago, but had no more imaging. 

Colleen

Archived