5th Year Anniversary

Patc

Hello everyone!

It’s been awhile since I posted, but I always love to come back on my anniversaries.  Tomorrow will mark 5years post bleed.  It just seems like a hallmark anniversary 🤷🏻‍♀️.  So much has happened since then, and I truly believe all change, though scary at first, was for the best!

My career choice was an early childhood educator and support worker for children with disabilities.  I say « was » because as of last week, I have retired from working front line with children, after 37 years.  I have moved to a new organization, same field, but now am in the administrative side of things.  I am learning a new skill set at 62!!!

This change in my career path would not have happened without the initial changes in my work environment that were necessary after my brain bleed.  Because of sensory issues and fatigue, I could no longer work in a classroom, so I switched to working one on one with children in their homes as a private Behaviour Interventionist.  

This  led me to the company I currently work for.  I recently was promoted to Regional Manager Assistant, which allowed me to retire my support work with children.  I presently work approx. 50 hrs a month, and work from home.  This allows me flexibility in my work week!

What was a very scary time in my life, turned out to be a time of reflection, change and new opportunities.  Do I still have fatigue? Sure….Do I still have anxiety when I feel a weird twinge- Yep…..Do I still have problems retrieving words? At times I do, but I blame it on the age 😂😂.  This new career opportunity would never have occurred prior to the bleed, because I was fine with the status quo…turns out there was a whole lot waiting for me.

I would like to thank all of you for your encouraging words.  To the moderators, thank you for creating this safe space to share our experiences, our fears and our triumphs!  Wishing everyone a happy recovery.

💜Pat

• Like 8

Pat, that's wonderful news.  Glad that even though you have "retired" you've still find a way to work behind the scenes for the children.  That's how I see my job in a school office - I'm not educating the children, bit I'm working behind the scenes to make sure that those who do have everything they need to do so.  Congratulations on your anni-versary and your new position xx

• Like 2

Hi Pat,

Such a wonderful post you wrote.  So happy for your 5th anniversary, I think it is a hallmark one as well :)  Your post speaks to the joy of life I think.  Change and opportunities make our lives rich and full...Sending you most sincere Congrats and wishes to continue with a life that is being well lived :)

xx

Jean

• Like 1

Hello Pat and also thank you  for looking in to update us, on your 5th anniversary. 

So glad that everything has worked out well for you on the job front. You are obviously delighted with the outcome.

Take care and wishing you good resolve to keep dealing with life post SAH and it's  challenges. 😊

Subs

• Like 1

I loved reading your five-year anniversary post. Congratulations! Thanks for keeping in touch and encouraging us to accept the new normal and look for opportunities for growth and change. Not always easy at our age (I’m 64). Best wishes in your new adventures. Love, Kathy (Colorado, USA) 

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely wishes.  In my last post, I forgot to mention another joyful event coming my way….my oldest son, Matthew and his beautiful fiancé are getting married on New Year’s Eve!  Life is good💜

Sending big hugs

Pat

• Like 4