My little angel saved my life after an sah - Lynz

lynz

hiya my name is lynz ,please excuse if u have already read this article as I'm new to this and think i messed it up the first time i wrote this , anyway i had an sah 3 yrs ago and to cut a very long story short !! it was Easter i had no symptoms and i felt fine but i collapsed and became unconscious in steps my 4 yr old daughter !! she looked after me and her 18 month baby sister for 16 hours single handed. my husband was working away and there was just us ,so she tried to phone 999 but my phone was locked .she made herself and the baby chocolate sauce and ham butties for tea she put the baby to bed when cbeebies had finished and did my normal night time routine closing curtains unplugging stuff at this point i was in and out of consciousness's and being violently sick and fitting {we know this as my daughter told the paramedics that mummy was dancing and shaking on the floor}she comforted her little sis by saying mummy was sleeping .my 4yr old then stayed with me all night till the net morning when i was found luckily by my mother-in-law ,i was rushed to hospital they gave me a 5% chance of surviving and my family was told to say goodbye until my husband and father pressured the medical staff to send to walton neuro centre where they i spent 7 wks in after a coiling and hey ho here i still i am mummy to my little heroes

Welcome to BTG Lynz!

Kids are amazing aren't they? Bless them .... it must have been a scary time.

You didn't mess up Your Story...:wink: Anything that appears on our home page, has to be checked and moderated first, so hence the delay. I've just finished moderating your original story and it's now on the home page and also in the Your Story forum .... hope that makes sense! :wink: xx

Hi Lynz

I have tears in my eyes reading your story. What a fantastically brave and wonderful daughter you have - she should be nominated for a bravery award.

So sorry that you found yourself in this situation and that your daughter had to go through it, but you are among friends and people who know what you're going through. I hope we can give you the support and comfort that you need.

Take care

thanks you so much for all your kind words ,yeah im very proud of my daughter she got bravery awards and some money she then donated to our local childrens hospce she really is an angel , its so nice being able to to talk to people who understand life after a sah

Hi Lynz

What a little star you have there. She obviously gets her compassion from her mum.

I totally agree with you, its definitely a lot better talking to people who have the same experience rather than some one who has been trained to listen. My counsellor was a bonus cos he'd suffered head trauma through a motorbike accident so he fully understood where I was coming from..

Take care