Hello

Ash

:-DHi Ash good news! Thanks for keeping us up dated!Sounds as though mum is doing really well and is being a good patient too:-D

I hope your mum continues to make such good progress and you have her home soon.Take care of yourself and stay strong:-D

Much love and my very best wishes. Maggie xxx

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ash! So wonderful to hear the great progress your mom is making!!! I'm sure you feel better knowing she is in a good facility for her recovery, too. Here's to a speedy recovery and restful nights for you, your dad, and mom.

Keeping you all in my thoughts!

Carolyn

Hi Ash

Thats wonderful news - so glad that you mum is making such good progress. It's really uplifting when you hear/read about success stories and it gives others on here hope too.

I hope her speech starts to improve too, I'm sure the therapy will help.

Sending love and hugs to you and your mum

• 2 months later...

Hello all..

Long time no speak i know..:redface:

First of all a very happy new year to you all and i hope 2011 is a good one for everybody. I can only apologise for being away for so long but as you all know there's so much to do sometimes it gets hard to find the time to post!

I wish i could say mum is much better but in truth she's been kinda at the same level for a while now. Speech wise she's still whispering and mobility wise she's still struggling with anything other than her left arm. Her mood is pretty up and down and she does still have some very low days but by now i think i've accepted that will happen. The staff at Putney are all really nice and we're having a case review on Tuesday when we'll get the chance to sit down and see where we go from here.

It's nearly 6 months and mum is still very disabled. I don't know what to expect anymore but i just want her to have some quality to her life and make as much improvement as is possible. Whatever happens i'll do my best to make her life as comfortable as possible and make sure she gets all the treatments she deserves.

It's harder now as i'm back at work so have to juggle that as well as all the other things in life but nobody said it was easy. I still think she's got a lot of improvement to make potentially but she seems to have hit a wall. She's very tired and weak and it's really hard to see her in pain and unhappy but i try and tell myself that this is only the first chapter of what's going to be a long book.

Hope you're all well and had a good xmas and i'll keep you posted even if i'm not sure exactly when i'll next post!

Best wishes to all of you for the coming year :-D

Ash

Hi Ash -

It's lovely that you have posted to let us know how things are. Sorry that Mum's progress has slowed down a bit, but I am hoping the next chapter will bring some more improvements

for you all. Happy New Year to you, your Mum and family. Take care,

Sarah

Hello Ash, and Happy New Year to you. I'm sorry that mum's recovery is slow and up and down. All I do know is that after my mum's stroke, she continued to make progress for ages. It's about 4 1/2 years on now and although she still has aphasia she can speak most of the time (if she's not tired); on the physical side she has come along in leaps and bounds - she was bedridden and in a wheelchair for over a year I think it was, but she kept at it and her right side is much improved. It's not back to "normal" but she can do pretty much anything.

At first we thought she'd have to go into a home after rehab, but she showed us, with sheer grit and dogged determination, and she lives alone now. She is 78 and has a cleaner and a home help twice a week each, but otherwise she does everything herself.

Send mum our love xxxx

Happy New Year Ash!

It must be great to read Jen's post about her mum, offering some much needed hope for you and the rest of your family for your mum.

I do hope your mum's recovery increases over the next few months.

Take care

Kel x