Anybody have a weak Limb? Like a leg?

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I was lucky enough to have no limb problems myself, but there are others on the site who have talked of regaining strength lost during SAH. I'm sure they won't be long in advising you.

Good luck with yours. It's still very early days for you.

Sally x

Hi Chris and welcome! :-D

I stroked on my left hand side when the SAH kicked off. Thankfully, the paralysis was only temporary, but it did leave me with a very weak left leg. I found that my balance was all over the place and my good leg would pull me over, so I would veer to the right when I was walking. It was the first time in my life that I've ever had to "think" about walking and it certainly didn't come naturally.

With time and some physio, it has improved and if I was doing a lot of walking or was having a bit of a wobbly day, I used to use a stick/cane to help my balance and give me something else to focus on.

My left leg isn't what it once was, but it's better ..... the only time that I notice the weakness, is if I'm hitting a bit of fatigue or if I've overdone the walking.

Hi Chris! :-D

I read on the Internet last night that it's common to have weakness on one side or the other after SAH. You should go to your doctor to check it out and put your mind at ease. I have sore arms and legs and they get shaky and weak, and very heavy. for me it's fatigue. I know it's time to lay down when they start to tingle or ache.

Sandi K.

Hi Chris

I had a brain stem stroke during the coiling procedure which has left me with left sided weakness, more so in my left arm and I'm lefthanded. My left leg is now a bit shorter than my right, my trousers tend to drag the ground slightly. My left arm is still weak and I tend to drop things from my left hand. So I'm careful about what I carry in that hand! I had physio which helped a lot. The messages weren't getting from my brain to my arm and the repetition of the excercises helped with this. I just kept on using it and found over time that it got better and better. But you should should speak with your doc and see what he/she says but you may find improvements over time.

Hi Chris

I have a weak left leg after my SAH in 2008 and 2010 suffered a stroke which has made my left arm very weak, the left leg has become a lot weaker too.

I had some physiotherapy but the leg has remained the same, I am still working on my arm but find everything so tiring and like Liz I cannot carry anything with that hand especially if heavy.

Unfortunately I cannot walk that much now either so when I do go out for a longer period of time I do need a wheelchair.

I might go for swimming lessons as I hear that will help be with both limbs all I need to do is find a place that deals with SAH/stroke patients. Any ideas or suggestions where that might be possible?

It's hard to say really, everyones recovery is so different.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi

I have a weakness in my right leg. When i first had my SAH 8 months ago it left me with a slight limp but as times gone on it seems to have improved. It is worse when im tired or doing to much and the leg feels really heavy like a dead weight!!! but i cant make out if it is getting better or im getting used to it!!!

Take Care

Vicky xx