Just had a wonderful day!

Its been a long time since I posted a thread but I have just had the most satisfying day since my SAH.

I returned to work last April and over a period of weeks managed to get back to full time only to find that this was too much to cope with. So before Christmas I took the big decision to request a formal reduction in my hours down to four days a week. But I never felt that I had quite returned to my old level. I had begun to get out and deliver Skills for Life courses again locally, due to my driving restrictions. But still felt that I was only partly participating. That was until today when I finally was able to visit a company to work with 9 Apprentices and start them off on their Key Skills qualification.

It could not have gone better, all of them turned up, the brief presentation went well and the following three hour session was great and really productive with the work they produced. This afternoon I returned to College and while fresh in my mind produced a written statement of what had taken place and distributed it to all Attendees. My Diary is now full with planned Visits.

Then this Evening I had the most wonderful experience, I have wanted to return the wonderful gift that the Hospital bestowed on me in November 2009 when thanks to their swift action and choices I managed to be sent to North Staffs Hospital at Stoke where they proceeded to save my life by their marvellous care and surgical abilities. So I joined the League of Friends at the PRH Telford as this was my local Hospital and first port of call on that fateful night. I am know a Committee Member but tonight went one further and performed my first Volunteer shift in the League of Friends Cafe. It was a wondrous experience and I cannot wait for my next visit next Friday.

It may seem like such a trivial experience, when some of the Threads are messages of despair. But for me it is another tick of achievement in that long road to recovery. I will not say normality, because what is normality?

We have all experienced different emotions and degrees of disability both visible and hidden. But I will repeat a message that I include once before in a Thread, the Brain is a marvellous, resourceful Organ that where possible will rewire itself and repair itself when possible. Try not to despair, it does take time and yes some things do not come back. But we are still here and have the chance to make a contribution.

Take care and nite nite! :wink:

Hi John,

Yes, I agree with Lil Miss Goldfish girlie, a brilliant read first thing in the morning.

Well done you, I sure hope you're very very proud of yourself.

I'm sending a big hug to you.

Keep us updated on how things are going.

Take care and keep smiling,

SarahLou Xx

John what a truly inspiring and encouraging post.:-D

Am really, really pleased to read that things are so good and wish you all the very best for your future.

Fabulous reading how well your doing. We all know the challenges and struggles you have had to get to this point.

It's a long time since I posted too, although I think about you all often and keep up to date with you all as best I can.

Love to everyone

maggie xxx

Thank you for sharing this John! Very positive. Look how far you have come and how well you are doing. I love that your message includes the part about scaling back your hours too because the positive side to that is you recognized it was needed and got on with it. I hope I'm as able when I get there! Sounds like you had a great day and it must feel wonderful to be giving back to the people who saved your life.

Onward and upward!

Sandi K. Xoxoox

Glad you are moving onwards John...Keep going and smile ....It is good to hear positives....

Maggie Hi There xxxx

Love to All Sandi k xxxx Sarah L xxxxxxxx Louise xxxxxxxxxx Goldfish Gal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bagpuss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and all of you xxxxxxxxxx

All keep chins up and laugh..... xxxxxxxx (when poss ) lol

Love you All

WinB143 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Winb143

Hi John, you never cease to amaze me with what you achieve and your positive attitude towards everything you do. To think that it was only just over 2 years ago that you the misfortune to suffer a high grade bleed, I think you have done wonders:-D I'm sure you will continue to enjoy your time with the league of friends - keep up the good work.

Well done and keep in touch,

Sarah

Hi John , I am new & this place is where I find my soul food. A place to go so I know what I am experiencing is normal. Well your post provided me plenty of food for my soul. You sound like you are really making the world a gentler place to be. Thank you & good luck with your new adventure. MaryB

Hi John!

Wow your post made me smile this morning.

I am so pleased to hear that you are in such a good place right now, and everything seems to be aligned to bring good things for you.

Mary - you got it right, that really is food for the soul ;)

Take care John and may life just keep on getting better and better for you :)

Kel x