Newbie Lesley

dunoonwitch

Hi everyone. I'm a 44 yr old mother of one who had a peri mescencephalic bleed 2 weeks ago. utterly terrifying. I have a medical back ground and knew immediately that some thing major was going on. however, i am home now and the only deficit realised (apart from exhaustion, headaches and feeling a bit low) is major hearing loss. Has anyone else found this? I'm looking forward to connecting with you all!

Hi Lesley, welcome to BTG. It's great that you found us so quickly! I had a PMNASAH too, in Nov 2010. I was the opposite, with acutely sensitive hearing. The good news for perimesencephalic SAH is that we aren't likely to have another. Recovery can take some time though so I hope you are able to rest and have time off work for awhile. Some great advice is to drink lots of water. It helps ease the weird head feelings and helps with the blood absorption. If you have any questions there are lots of warm and caring people here who have been through it.

Sandi K. Xoxox

Hi lesley & welcome to BTG. I think your hearing loss is probably due to the area of your bleed & which part of the brain has been affected.

You do need to take your recovery slowly & drink lots to help ease those nasty head twinges. Don't be afraid to ask anything on here as everyone is so helpful.

BTW guess you live in Dunoon? Lovely part of the world xx

Welcome Leslie,

I have found this site my souce of comfort and reassurance that everything will be ok. I am so much more relaxed about my recovery since I have foudn this place. It has really changed my outlook on my recovery. Do not push to hard. Rest is vital to recovery as well as water. I wish you well & welcome.

MaryB

Hi Leslie

Welcome to the site and to the family.

Can only echo what the others have said at this point - plenty of rest (mentally and physically) and plenty of fluids. I'll say what I always say too - its a long road to the place called Recovery - but you are allowed to make as many pit stops along the way as you like.

Look forward to getting to know you.

I get noise also in ears....like my husband moaning lol means I am getting better, seriously though...I get water noise in ears

but it goes when I am out shopping .....noises around me I guess ????

Good luck on recovery and welcome to BTG

Regards

WinB143 xx