tingling

Hi all, just wondered if any of you have had tingling in face, lips tongue? Have had it a couple if times recently. Been to Drs who checked ne over. Nothing to do with sah, but panicking a bit cos had a bad headache last night and sporadic brain pain today.

Would be grateful for any advice :-)

Juliette x

14 months post sah

Hi Juliette,

I don't get tingling in my face exactly, it's more like a weird twisting sensation. It happens mainly above my lip on the right hand side, below my nostril if that makes any kind of sense. I get it in my tongue too and this causes me to bite it quite often..painful and annoying!

I mentioned it to my GP but he seemed to think this is just one of those weird sensations that occurs after sah.

Dawn x

Hi all, just wondered if any of you have had tingling in face, lips tongue? Have had it a couple if times recently. Been to Drs who checked ne over. Nothing to do with sah, but panicking a bit cos had a bad headache last night and sporadic brain pain today.

Would be grateful for any advice :-)

Juliette x

14 months post sah

Hi x I'm also 14 months post SAH x i get lots of vibrating around my mouth and sometimes from the souls of my feet upward .I feel as if i am vibrating on the outside but i know i'm not . I think this is related to my simple partial seizures but no-one has ever told me it is only a practice nurse thinks that it could be part of the seizures.

No-one has ever taken my blood pressure or even dscussed anything to do with the meds for the seizures my G P had to make the decision to take me off the meds as it was making me aggressive because i couldn't get an appointment at Hull until 4th April, I kept complaining about a severe gripping pain in my brain but no-one was listening until a couple of weeks back . Much better in myself but still having seizures .After an SAH i think it's only natural that we panick about any headaches or brain pain after all I think we have all been through a tuff time with little aftercare.x

SAH date , 29th Dec 2010

thinking of you x

Hi All,

When young (I have a good memory !!!) I used to get numbness, pins and needles before a migraine

Try and relax and if need be take a recommended pill ie what Doc says is okay for you to take.....

I find singing helps me but gives family headache ......Now on a diet and off to Docs for weigh in Wednesday !!

Just hope the scales take my weight aghhhhhhhh !!

Keep your chins up all of you and I'll keep my 4 up xxxxx

Love to all

WinB143 xxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Winb143

• 7 months later...

I started this thread a long time ago!!! But just wanted to update in case anyone else getting tingling. After repeated visits to the Drs and being given anti-histamines cos they thought the tingling was due to an allergy, one of the Drs (in fact the one who I saw when i had the SAH, ordered bloods and i am B12 deficient - pernicious anemia. It has lots of the symptoms of post SAH as well - tiredness but can't sleep, headaches, total lack of energy etc... but also tingling!! The tingling is(I believe) causing nerve damage. Just thought i'd put it out there, if anyone else is still getting it, might be worth getting it checked with your Dr. Of course i am no medical person - just its not a routine test. After the initial 6 injections, I now have an injection every 3 months for life. I feel so much better now!! :-P

Hi Juliette,

My daughter is also B12 deficient and has three monthly jabs and I can see the difference in her, re: energy levels when she's had the jab. You beat me to it, as I was going to mention about getting tested for B12 deficiency on the Ritalin thread!

I was also tested for B12 deficiency about 6 months ago and my results indicated that I had a deficiency too. However after a 2nd blood test to confirm, it seemed to be okay again, but I do now take a B12, Zinc Minerals and Vit B complex + liquid iron supplement called Feroglobin, just in case and it has helped boost my energy levels.

I would definitely advise anybody on here that's experiencing problems to get some blood work done at their GP practice and to do a bit of research into Vitamin B complex.

So pleased for you Juliette and thank you. xx

Thanks for the information there. I have a stange tingling off and on left nostril and left upper lip. I forgot to mention that to my neurologist last week but I did mention I am blinded & sicken by the sun and it shoots pains in my eyes & head. He put me on 400 mg of vitamin B2 daily.

Thanks!

maryb

I've been suspecting for quite some time that I have an electrolyte, mineral, and/or vitamin deficiency. Sine I've had no luck with Dr.s helping, I'm experimenting on my own. I do feel better overall if I drink a sugar water with electrolytes. I sleep better if I have Himalayan salts. I really need Vitamins once/month or my legs go bonkers. I haven't identified the exact vitamin that's been helping, but I'm suspecting it's iron...but maybe B's of some sort? All I know is that I am the best person to figure this out as no one else is really interested without huge costs to me with little outcome. I figured out the type of exercise I needed and that meditation really helps me, even though society and my physical therapist thought differently. I am getting to know myself better than ever and it makes me more empathetic to others as well. The 'Not Knowing Mind' often helps in these matters as a new sense of understanding comes through me in a new way. I'll let you guys know if I 'Figure' anything out. I'm glad others find comfort in Dr.s care, but that hasn't been the case for me.

Happy Hunting,

~Kris

I've been suspecting for quite some time that I have an electrolyte, mineral, and/or vitamin deficiency. Sine I've had no luck with Dr.s helping, I'm experimenting on my own. I do feel better overall if I drink a sugar water with electrolytes. I sleep better if I have Himalayan salts. I really need Vitamins once/month or my legs go bonkers. I haven't identified the exact vitamin that's been helping, but I'm suspecting it's iron...but maybe B's of some sort? All I know is that I am the best person to figure this out as no one else is really interested without huge costs to me with little outcome. I figured out the type of exercise I needed and that meditation really helps me, even though society and my physical therapist thought differently. I am getting to know myself better than ever and it makes me more empathetic to others as well. The 'Not Knowing Mind' often helps in these matters as a new sense of understanding comes through me in a new way. I'll let you guys know if I 'Figure' anything out. I'm glad others find comfort in Dr.s care, but that hasn't been the case for me.

Happy Hunting,

~Kris

Hi Kris,

I'm glad you seem to be sorting things out by yourself - you are right, your body knows best what its missing and I know how expensive medical care is out in the states having lived there for a couple of years (with one of my daughters, so quite a few trips to the Drs!!). Luckily here Medical care, along with most tests, is free. With B12, I am unable to absorb it through supplements due to pernicious anemia, it has to be injected directly into my blood stream. So, if all else fails to make you feel good, it might be worth getting it tested. Hope you're having a good day

Juliette xx

Low calcium and vitamin D can cause tingling - have had personal experience of this and the tingling definitely reduced when I supplemented with vitamin D. I can't take calcium supplements as they make me sick, but supplementing vitamin D was enough (it builds up the levels of calcium in your body). Loads and loads of patients are vitamin D deficient nowadays, is so common. Good idea to get tested if your doctor is amenable.

Also tingling especially around the mouth can be caused by hyperventilation, i.e. breathing heavily or rapidly when anxious or panicky.

Vanessa

x