Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre Glasgow

My husband had a SAH on 9/4/13. He had the clipping at the Southern General Hospital but it wasn't all caught or the clip moved and he had a 2nd bleed 2 weeks later which was then coiled. He had a shunt inserted and then taken out due to infection and then reinserted. He has had chest infections. He had pulled his feeding tube out and when they reinserted it they accidentally punctured his lung. He has now had to move out of the surgical ward at the SG as he doesnt require any more surgery and is in a medical ward at the Victoria awaiting transfer back to the SG rehab unit, where he has been accepted, when a bed becomes available. He has been in the Victoria for the past 2 weeks. I have now heard from the nurses that he is going to be transferred to this Brain Rehab unit in Bellshill until a bed at the SG rehab unit is available hence my question if anyone has experience of this unit.

Tricia

Oh bless you Tricia, you have had a rather rollercoaster of events. I am glad that it sounds like your hubby is stabilised now. Sounds like he is a strong chap.

Can't offer anything on the centre being a southern lass but can always offer a listening ear if you're worried about anything or have questions. Hope you are doing ok.

Hi there Welcome

Im in Scotland but on the East coast so sorry know nothing about the rehab, I've just had a wee look online at their website have a look, & after having been in Rehab in Edinburgh if their site is anything to go by its streets ahead that's on looks I'm meaning....

Hope you finding time for YOURSELF through this...

take care

Hi Tricia,

I'm in Cumbernauld and was clipped at the Southern 4 years ago now. I haven't heard of this place but I do know that our nearest Headway centre is also In Wishaw. Perhaps they are connected.

Sorry not to be of much help to you.

Sally.

Hi Tricia,

I had a shunt fitted after SAH well a year after, but because I couldn't walk, hold a cup etc etc no one would

take me (They wanted to help me after I could go toilet alone etc. )

I needed help after SAH, then I had a shunt fitted and it was like a light going on, and I was back to normal.

I tried to get out of bed and fell, it was like waking up from a bad dream.

But it takes time, can walk better than before and hold a cup, going out did me theworld of good be it for a decaff coffee and a bite to eat, it brought me back to normality.

Never Give up xx

Best wishes to you and hubby xx

WinB143 xx I Live in Kent so cannot help xx

Edited by Skippy

My husband had a SAH on 9/4/13. He had the clipping at the Southern General Hospital but it wasn't all caught or the clip moved and he had a 2nd bleed 2 weeks later which was then coiled. He had a shunt inserted and then taken out due to infection and then reinserted. He has had chest infections. He had pulled his feeding tube out and when they reinserted it they accidentally punctured his lung. He has now had to move out of the surgical ward at the SG as he doesnt require any more surgery and is in a medical ward at the Victoria awaiting transfer back to the SG rehab unit, where he has been accepted, when a bed becomes available. He has been in the Victoria for the past 2 weeks. I have now heard from the nurses that he is going to be transferred to this Brain Rehab unit in Bellshill until a bed at the SG rehab unit is available hence my question if anyone has experience of this unit.

Tricia

Tricia,

I was treated at the SG last year. I was in a medical ward for a month before going to the Physically Disabled Rehabilitation Unit - PDRU. They said they were waiting for a bed, but I think they were actually waiting for my strength to return and for my thoughts to be clearer. I had physio and speech therapy on the ward. When I went to PDRU, I was walking better.

If you want to ask any more questions about PDRU, please contact me.

Lynn x (Glasgow)