MRI i go soon

I thought rather than getting myself worked up about my MRI scan i'd get feedback from others...

I am looking froward to making sure everythings ok.... ( then i might even think about having a break in Skeggess :?

I am also anxious at the same time about what to expect has i dont like confined spaces..... :oops:

Hey Donna

You'll be in the same one as I went in I should imagine. Don't worry too much - it is fairly tight but you'll have headphones on playing music - I just shut my eyes and pretended I was relaxing at home listening to some music.

Who's your consultant? Mine's Mr McArthur - lovely man.

TC and speak soon

Sami xxx

Hey there

I was in Clinic 2 but couldn't tell you the name of the nurse. Hubby can wait outside but not in the room where you have your scan. I'm not tiny either hun (12st) - you should be fine.

Sami xxx

I'm not a lover of tight spaces either but closed my eyes and listened to the music, hubby wasnt alloud in either but he took me and waited in the waiting room probably wose for him......

Louise.xx

Hi

Don't be afraid of the MRI - I'm a big girl too - like BIG - and it is quite tight but if you just decide that you are there - that you have to go through with it and get your mind-set right you'll be absolutely fine. Nothing to fear whatsoever - it is just a noisy clanking tube and you have a mirror to see what's going on. Be brave and ask your hubby to meet you when you come out just in case you feel a bit shaken. But you won't be stirred I promise.

XXXXXXX

Hey Donna

Pretty similar to the sun bed - but I don't think I was in there for 45 minutes more like 15. You might have to wait and if you see someone before or/and after that might be the 45. I was worried about the dye being injected but was told when I got there that they don't need to do it - so that was a relief. I'm pretty claustophobic so I shut my eyes - it's not so bad really.

TTFN

Sami xxx

Hey Donna

I went fully in on the one they used on me - but I didn't really notice. Like I said, I just closed my eyes and relaxed and listened to the music. I felt like I'd a full body massage when I came out :lol: :lol: It's not extremely close around you but you have to lay still anyway. When I went for mine they were playing Gnarls Berkely's "Crazy" and the first thing I heard was " I remember, I remember when I lost my mind" :roll::lol: how appropriate.

TTFN

Sami xxx

Hi

Yeah, it took me all my time to keep still in the tube when that started playing!!

I got my results about 3 to 4 weeks after. You should be able to ask for a copy of your scan too. Mine's in the photo gallery on here.

TTFN

Sami xxx

Hey there

Yeah I did too, but it's interesting to see. it actually made me feel better cos I could see that there weren't anymore and they told me that they'd scanned my whole body to check for others. While I was in hospital in Plymouth, they told me that my arteries were as clear as a 20 year olds and that this was just some freak thing happened.

Glad last night went well for you

Sami xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Well all went well eventually.... :lol:

I got there worried but ok..... went in the room lay on th bed put head phones on and

ear plugs in then apparatuss ( spelling ) over my head then in the scanner once in arms

touched the sides and i panicked felt like i couldnt move x x GET ME OUT xx

so back out i went i was sssssssooooooo angry :mad: with myself....

She told me if i cant have this done then they may want to sedate ( spelling ) me ANOTHER time.......

NO WAY so i had a word with myself :roll: and had it done.......

I was so scared but I DID IT i am so proud of myself stupid i know but i beat that fear x x x

and it wasnt that bad in the end :D:D:D

Hi Donna,

Well done! I used to hate the scanner and I still don't like it .... haven't met many people that have enjoyed the experience, apart from Sami! :wink: You do get used to it and you have to be calm and keep your eyes shut and focus your brain on something lovely and relaxing ..... I always try to envisage myself on the beach, sunbathing with the sun beating down and listening to the waves breaking.....it does seem to work for me. You're still sounding as though you're suffering from anxiety .... I've had the same, but it's got a lot better and now I can see some light at the end of the tunnel ...... what relaxes you? .... some people find yoga and meditation helpful ..... but you really do need to find something that will help you chill.....xx

Karen i am a right mess with my nerves/anxiety...

I get scared when i go out and in any shop..

Wish my dizzeness would go then i thin that would help alot xx

Going to have a word with doctor about changing codine.....never know might help a bit......

Beng on computer relaxes me because i dont think about things.....

Also when get results might????? help x

I am really all over with my emotions i hope it gets better this is not me xxx