Jump to content

Update Still Waiting


Recommended Posts

Hi All

With reference to the gap that has appeared in my coiled aneursym. We haven't heard anything so my wife Barbara phoned the secretary at the Heath Hospital, Cardiff and was told that a decision hasn't been made as the surgeon who did the coiling is on holiday until Monday so she is putting my file on top of the pile I am a little amazed by this as I had the angiogram weeks ago. As you can appreciate after being told by the doctor with whom I had an appointment a week last Thursday that it was dangerous to leave I am to say the least stressed out. We have told my GP and between us we shall be pushing them on Monday. In the meantime I have been told to take it easy, not to bend, not to lift anything heavy and NOT TO GET STRESSED!!!!

At least the weather has changed for the better.

Just one other query if they decide to monitor it and not recoil what do they in fact do?

Cheers

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi John,

I can not believe how insensitive this is. You should have been a priority before the doctor went on holiday or at the very least had someone else help you with the decision.

Please take care and the very best of luck on Monday.

Cal

XXXX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All

Thanks for your comments. Yet a further update, my wife rang this morning (Monday) and was told by secretary that doctor was on his rounds and that she would speak to him when he finished. Barbara my wife said she would ring back and secretary told her she would ring when she knew anything. No phone call has been received and secretary finished at 2.30pm so another day has passed. Obviously we are going to pressurise them tomorrow and involve my GP. Will keep you informed.

Cheers

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

Wife rung secretary again today as no one had rung. She said notes are still on his desk and that he was in surgery and she hasn't seen him. She told us she would get him to ring me direct, GUESS WHAT- HE HASN'T. We have left details with my GP's secretary. Apparently there is a letter for me waiting to be signed at the hospital. What a ****** system I was told about the gap in my original coiled aneurysm was dangerous a fortnight this Thursday!!!!

Never mind its good character building and tomorrow is another day. When its all over I'll have a good "My Story" to tell from the original misdiagnosis to the present day.

Cheers

John :? :? :?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi John,

I have been waiting for your post all day. I CANNOT believe the system. I hope when you finally get through to someone you will let them know how unfair this has all been. :evil:

I will be awaiting your post again tomorrow.

Take care!

Cal

XXXX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All

Here we go!

Rang this morning numerous times phone just kept on ringing not even an answerphone. Rang different telephone number at the hospital who gave us another number for secretary still phone just kept ringing, eventually we found that neurosurgery secretary was day off. Asked if she had an assistant and answer was "NO" and this is in a neurology department. No one has rung me from hospital today. My GP has rung me and between us we'll try tomorrow he was very concerned as obviously am I. Hopefully the letter which was waiting for signature at the hospital will arrive tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Other than standing outside neurosurgery with a placard I can do no more!!!!

Cheers

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi John,

I also agree. It is time to take this unbelievable treatment further. Please do not hesitate to call the paper.

YOU are the one who matters.

I also would like to let them know how I feel about their lack of compassion for you.

Cal

XXXX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi its me again

Rang numerous times this morning phone either kept on ringing or answerphone. Barbara my wife pleaded over the answer phone for a reply. This afternoon no one had rung back so we tried again and eventually got through. She said that she has spoken to a doctor who has now spoken to the doctor who did embolization. She said that the doctor in charge of my problem (I won't name him) wants to see or speak to me direct and if I don't hear from him I should ring on Monday.

I agree I should go to papers BUT I feel I should make waves AFTER I have been dealt with as I don't fancy lying in a hospital bed having complained about those who are tending my needs, I appreciate they have to give me proper care but it could be embarrassing.

One problem that has arisen as a result of this is my blood pressure has gone up so am off to take it easy.

Bye All

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...