Guest mojojojo

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mojojojo

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know Mum will be moving into a Brain Injury Unit called Glenside Manor on Tuesday, we are finally being listened to and we have now got full funding, it's an amazing place. They offer so much and i so looking forard to Mum spending time there, she will very well care for and although it's an hours drive it is worth it. Google Glenside Manor Salisbury let me know what your thoughts are i would be interested to know your opinions.

Regards

Sharon xx

Hi Sharon,

That's great news, so happy for you! ...... Glenside Manor looks good ..... just taken a quick peak ... must admit, that I've never heard of it, so will have a good look later on.. Salisbury isn't too far from us .... probably just under an hour, if it's not too busy.....

I'm really pleased for you all ...... hope that all goes well and your Mum gets the care and help that she deserves....xx :D

• 1 month later...
Guest mojojojo

Hi All

Just wanted to say there is light at the end of the tunnel for Mum, she has settled in very well in Glenside and the staff there are second to none, have met some really nice people all suffering from Brain Injuries and all can relate to what is going on with mum, she is being put through some extensive stuff and at times she does get anxious. We have a review meeting coming up but i think the best thing to come out of this is mum is for rehab. So there is scope for much improvement.

I guess i can only say here is never give up home despite the damage a SAH can cause always have faith

Take Care Everyone

Sharon

Guest ElaineW

Hi Sharon, glad your mum has settled after your long fight. Hope she will be happy there, at least summer and some sunshine is hopefully round the corner and she will be able to sit out in the grounds. I think a bit of sunshine always seems to brighten the day. Take Care both of you and hope your dad is going along OK.

Love Elaine & Maggie

Guest mojojojo

You know whats so beautiful about mum being in the brain injury unit that every night sthe key worker tells her to phone dad for a chat.....makes my day and breaks up my dad's loneliness. She dosent remember phoning him each night but she does chat away. Makes me smile.