ALONE

Hi Evelyn :D

Like Jess.....sometimes, i think others try to understand but it is very hard for them to really know how we feel inside. I just want to be back to the old me......and ever positive......i will get there!

You take care Evelyn....lots of love to you, love Tina xxxx

HI EVELYN,

I sometimes feel like that and then sometimes i wants lots of people around and when they are around i want be on my own :roll:

I am sure it will pass i think it must be the healing process :)

Keep strong you know you have lots of friends and we will always be here for you :D

Love and hugs

Michelle Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Evelyn

I often feel like that, even though my boys are with me or family but i feel like an outsider, alone in my thoughts. It's quite sad i know but that's how i feel most days. Soon after my SAH i was afraid being on my own and now i wish to be left alone and people not asking me how i am.

Take care Evelyn.

Myra xx

Evelyn the only time I dont feel alone is when I am on BTG and chatting with you guys x x

I feel people dont like the new / dont understand why I have changed.

I dont want to be the old me anymore apart from in the way that I can be invited somewhere and dont have to think about how I am feeling I seem to judge if I can do things and get scared STILL when doing them.

I feel that people are drifting away........It is very lonely........and I dont think my hubby understands that a cuddle would be nice to help my tears all the time x x

We will get there but in a stronger way that is what I think xxxx

I know it sounds a bit daft but when I feel alone I think well they havent been through what I have been through and proberbly will never understand........But I am strong and have been shown a new lease of life x x x x And I should never feel lonely I AM ALIVE X X I have myself x x ( If you get what I mean ) :lol:

Evelyn

I have not been through anything like what you have so I cannot say if what you are experiencing is a result of your injury or not. But I have suffered from severe depression in the past and one of the symptoms of that was the feeling of being alone in a roomful of people, its difficult to describe, but sometimes I would feel as though I were talking but no one was hearing what I was saying, or that there was a glass screen between me and everyone else, am I making sense? Like I say I can't really describe it, but I remember it being a terrible feeling. like i was in a bubble or something. I truly hope that you start to feel better soon, if not maybe you could visit your GP? Perhaps you are suffering a little from depression due to the trauma that you have been through. My thoughts are with you,xxx

Jo

Hey there

Even now, over two years on, I do have times when I feel alone - not lonely at all, but alone. I said it to my hubby the other day "I just feel so alone" and he asked what I meant - so I told him I meant what I said. It's like I'm all alone in what I'm going through (still) and they all think that because it's two years on and I'm perfectly Ok now that i shouldn't feel the way I do now. My Dad said to me on Friday - "Well, you're Ok now cos the Doctors said you were" I tried to explain that they said physically everything was mended but it could still be years before I emotionally and mentally get over what happened. It's near on impossible to explain to someone who hasn't had a near death experience what it feels like - like Donna said the only time I don't feel alone is when I'm talking to you guys.

Take care

Love Sami xxx

Hi Evelyn

I totally agree with what you are saying. I feel really alone alot of the time because I look ok, but feel awful sometimes. Only you guys know, and understand what it is really like. I am mad at my body for letting me down (sounds pretty stupid I know) and my cowardly way of coping is trying to pretend that it didn't happen. But we have each other here, to support and be supported - thank god for you guys!!!!

hugs

shiree

Hi All,

I totally agree with what everyone is saying, we are all still going through alot and to try to explain to loved ones friends and also some family how you feel and what you think is really difficult. I have friends that say "wow thats a long time and well you look ok". It is totally frustrating :oops:

Without you guys on this site i would feel even more alone. I am so glad i found so many warm,kind and caring friends, so keep strong you are definitely not alone.

Love and hugs to all

Michelle Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI EVERYONE

IT IS A GREAT COMFORT KNOWING YOU ARE ALL HERE AND THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS

WAY IT IS SUCH AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER. JUST WISH I COULD SAY STOP THE RIDE. AND YES DONNA I HATE MYSELF AS WELL. AND I ALSO FEEL ANGRY THAT MY BODY HAS LET ME DOWN SHIREE.

BUT I THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL MY FRIENDS EVELYN

Guest Beth1957

I know that it must seem to my family/former close friends (note the "former"!) that I obsess about my aneurysm, & I guess I know I do. But it's such a huge thing to have happen to you, isn't it?. and natural to want to talk about it... because I haven't had my op yet I'm still all "what-if". So it's good for me to be able to come here & read your stories etc... I feel that you're friends.

Tina's righ Beth, I found that people get fet up of me contatantly speaking of it, but its a huge thing you just cant forget for me its there 365 24/7 I cant just walk away.....

I too have the friends and the former friends too...and hey most of my family fall into the latter too they just find it so hard (oh poor them is what I say)

take care

Louise.x

HI ALL

I HAVE FOUND THAT MAKING NEW FRIENDS DOESN'T HAPPEN EITHER YOU MENTION YOU HAVE HAD AN SAH AND THEY DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU ANY MORE AND ACTUALLY AVOID YOU. RIGHT AFTER MY EVENT I MET A HELPPER AT TIARA'S SCHOOL HER SISTER HAD TWO SAH A COUPLE YEARS APART AND THEN A COUPLE YEARS LATER DIED OF CANCER. ENE SHE AVOIDED ME AFTER I TOLD I HAD AN SAH. I FIND PEOPLE ARE VERY STRANGE AND FAMILY SO UNPERDICTABLE THEY CALL FOR THE FIRST COUPLE MONTHS AND THEN IT IS OVER FOR THEM AND THE CALLS STOP. THE KIDS DON'T WNAT TO TALK ABOUT IT MY HUSBAND WILL LISTEN HE WANTS TO UNDERSTAND AND DOES TRY, BUT FOR HIM TRULEY TO UNDERSTAND I DON'T WANT WHAT THAT WOULD TAKE.

LOVE HUGS EVELYN

Guest ElaineW

I don't imagine that you guys could ever stop referring to this life changing event. I know as a carer I think abut it 24/7 but my friends have been very supportive to me and I have not lost any. From my mum's point of view I know she really just want's me around but she has been blessed with some good friends. Saying that, as she lives alone, many a time she feels she just cannot cope and finds just the small day to day tasks so difficult. She says she is not frightened of being alone but sometimes I feel frightened for her.

Elaine