For the love of a Mother - lilnan

Guest lilnan

Hello all,

Some of you may recognize my user name from some of the other forums. Have not posted many times but been on a few. I am a caregiver for my mother who had a brain aneurysm rupture 7 years ago. It's been a long road, but yet I hope its even longer. I am so happy that I have been given the chance to spend these years with my mother and hope to have many more to come. I myself have been recently (last 3 months) been diagnosed with Crohn's and possibly Spondyloarthritis (still having tests to determine) which I know is not part of this site. But am scared of how it may affect my care for my mother. For about the last 2 years she has been immobile and unable to speak. Well her speech is limited to single words that she pratically fights and struggles to get out. For family that doesn't come around as often she can use a laptop to communicate and we are currently in the process of trying to qualify her for them machines that help with communication.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and support. I can see this is a friendly place and am sure I will enjoy coming here!! :D Hope you all warm wishes and best of health for the holidays!!